Returning player, ele/ranger help.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Tea.2740

Tea.2740

I used to play a lot of staff ele and LB ranger before I had quit (before HoT release). What is the go to build for pve/pvp things for these classes today? Links to guides/builds were be appreciated. I haven’t fully added points to tempest/druid yet as well if that makes a difference (In the works as I get back into things). Also which of these classes would have the best potential from PoF update? I want to main one instead of spreading my time between the 2 of them. Thanks

Posted by: blitzfreak.1264

blitzfreak.1264

My main is a Ranger. For equipments, I use mainly longbows with Berserker attributes. Secondary equipment is axe and warhorn.

Posted by: EriskRedLemur.7153

EriskRedLemur.7153

check class forums. Tho right now it’s more toxic than helpful. But, qtfy – for raid/fractal builds and www.metabattle.com has good PvP/WvW builds. All these min/max, not needed for a lot of things esp Open World.

On my Ranger, other than healing which is very different – I go condi. I prefer over power and I was very power before. It’s more expensive/harder to learn (ie: viper stats as a goal).

I cannot say if Weaver or Soulbeast will be good or not until release. If you read class forums ALL PoF elites suck. So, why I say they are toxic right now.

In all honesty you gotta try both classes for yourself. They play very differently.

King Slacker, GM LXS (NA) League of Xtraordinary Slackers
THREAD INFO

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

Tempest never really impressed me as a specialization, but I liked Druid a lot.

From what I can tell these days, Condi Druid is popular with the kiddies for its mix of sustained DPS and large healing spikes. Tempest/Ele is popular for burst DPS and support.

Soulbeast is mostly-selfish survival spec with a few nice DPS elements tossed in and a mainhand dagger which seems not to be very impressive. Their new utilities are animal Stances, and can be traited to be shared with nearby allies. Unique skills become available when merged with your pet, and when merged they have different timers than when the pet is out.

Weaver gets a sword with an extremely nimble hit-and-dodge playstyle, and will be able to use two elements at once: skills 1 and 2 being one element, skills 4 and 5 being the last element you attuned to, and skill 3 being a new dual-element skill unique to each weapon/element combination. By double-attuning or using a specific utility skill, one can still go fully one element on command. Weavers ALSO get Stance utilities, some of which look quite useful.

If you’re looking to start back up and prepare for Path of Fire, I’d focus my efforts on leveling crafts rather than gearing. That way you can craft whatever gear you decide you end up wanting. You can also run game achievement content to unlock craftless ascended gear.