Returning player help

Returning player help

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: SuperSushi.6310

SuperSushi.6310

Hey everyone, I haven’t played guild wars 2 in awhile due to college but I was hoping to hop back into the game when summer starts because of the heart of thorns update coming in the future. I was planning to start a new character and I was wondering if i could get opinions from others on what class and race to play. I have 3 level 80s warrior, gaurdian, and ranger all asura. I’m trying to step away form the asuran race for the first time even though i love being short, but i want to try a new race that will look cool towards end game. Any opinions or help will be appreciated thanks

Returning player help

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Human, master race!!…but that’s just my preference. Chargineers plays really well thematically as do Dragon Min- I mean Sylvari Rangers. Wardrobe clipping is the biggest issue I find. Class wise? I think that goes down to a matter of personal Preference.

I mainly run PvE and a tiny bit of WvW. That being said:

Guard, Ele, and Warrior are go-to classes for when I want to run content as they have high build versatility and are always wanted in a group for one reason or another. Guardian is my farming toon due to his “loot stick”.

Mesmer and Thief are my utility toons in the case that I am running portals or stealth missions, respectively.

Engineer is my grinding toon in case I’m running Silverwastes, EotM, or similar content as they have high offensive versatility, and I can switch their utility on the fly with kits alone rather than having to redo my traits as I do with my other toons.

Necro and Ranger as sadly my mule accounts as I have not found that niche for them. I will use my Ranger when I want to have fun in PvP (not serious match, unranked).

If you could give us an idea of what your playstyle is, preferred game aspect, or what role you’d like to fill in a team we can offer you more precise recommendations.

Returning player help

Posted by: SuperSushi.6310

SuperSushi.6310

I really like being more of a tank kind of player who just doesn’t die and I want to be viable for both PvE and PvP because I was going to learn PvP eventually. Im thinking about maybe picking up a light class because I don’t have one. I want something unique where I won’t get bored in a few days of playing it. Also I want to make the character look really well done because i love to mix gears on my characters for looks. Something with a male human probably or slyvari? I also don’t mind filling any role on teams because out of my friends I always pick my class on what we need so I have no issue at all but I just want to be useful

Returning player help

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

I would recommend the Elementalist then. There’s an initial learning curve to grab your interest, and the class has quite the build versatility. There’s not really a “tank” role in the game so to say, but the class offers a support role to help keep himself and the team alive. They fill the Striker role very well with having arguably the strongest aoe damage potential, high burst damage, and high sustain based on builds. The majority of their high control comes from Staff, but the other weapons have a bit of cc too.

Overall, I find it a very fun class to play and a challenging one at that.

Returning player help

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

A certain game director suggests Sylvari.