Returning player, only slightly lost

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Nephilim.8395

Nephilim.8395

Greetings!

I haven’t really played much since launch, when I got my Engineer to 80. Back then (and still doing it since returning), world completion is top of list. But there’s so much else to do… like…

Fractals. I’m pretty clueless, there’s so many options. I joined two, got kicked before even setting foot. Noticed that they have numbers on them, so joined a “1”, ran around for 15 mins killing everything, got lots of blues, nothing of worth to me. Told the group I was new, was met with a wall of silence as befits most MMOs these days…

I did look up a current, decent build, implimented that. Bought reasonable (I guess) gear off the AH.

Just wondered if some kind player could give me some tips as to what to look into that isn’t WWW or World Completion?

Thank you!

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

I’m a little lost on what to do at cap in this game as well. So far I’ve been unlocking HoT masteries, but I just reached the point where I’ve unlocked all of the navigation and language skills (updrafts, bouncy mushrooms, ley lines, poison lore, talking to frogs, etc.). In order to get the rest which seem mostly about increasing loot rewards, I need to do a hefty amount of achievements to generate enough mastery points!

That’ll keep me busy for a bit. I’m also looking into crafting, which I haven’t tried yet, and other options for picking up ascended gear. I tried raiding, which was fun but requires a group – the pickup group I tried didn’t get very far and there’s little chance of progress if you can’t get the same people together to practice (at least, until enough of the general population knows the encounter!).

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Fractals aren’t really that bad, if you joined a group that is doing a set fractals for say dailies, or you joined a group that is to high level for you, then you can get that silence/kicked out, as people don’t want to teach people,

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists

From level 1-19 now you don’t need any Agony Resistance, so its more about learning the encounter, you can always start your own group for fractals stating new to them, you will get a group, or if you haven’t, try and find a casual guild that does fractals/dungeons that can show you the best way to get into them etc.

Posted by: Nephilim.8395

Nephilim.8395

Can you even teleport to fractals? I couldn’t find an option, the only one I went to, I was in LA

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Only entry point to Fractals in is LA. Fort Mariner Waypoint is the closest to the Fractal portal.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

http://gw2dungeons.net/
That’ll give you some idea what to expect in fractals

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

If you want to learn the fractals and the guides/wiki really arent enough, I can offer you help. FotM is one of the areas in the game I have some knowledge about and I have helped a couple of new players on my parties to understand it.
You were really unlucky with the groups tho. Both, when I was a noob and now if I meet them, 90% of all players are extremely nice and helpful. Most people dont mind if they have to carry you, at least not if you ask them to. Just join, admit you dont know what to do and you should recieve some advice. Creating a party with the name ‘new to fractals, need help’ is an even better idea. There are always bored players like me checking the lfg in case someone needs to be shown how awesome we are.

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

Just wondered if some kind player could give me some tips as to what to look into that isn’t WWW or World Completion?

There is already good fractal advice here. Beyond that, the endgame is largely self-driven. Set some personal goals and enjoy the game as you go.

For some ideas, you can achievement hunt, try all the jump puzzles, make a legendary weapon or craft up ascended armor/weapons, try raiding, explore HoT maps for masteries, take on a guild hall in HoT and build it up, look for gold coins on the Maguuma wastes maps, or if you prefer exploring core maps, watch where the profitable map events are— each map will have a list of bonus items for doing events there; just mouse over the map’s name. Just do whatever sounds fun. Good luck!