Returning player with a very basic question

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Nephilim.8395

Nephilim.8395

Hey there

I was hoping someone can answer a basic question, which I can’t quite find the answer to in game.

Obviously I can queue for instances, fractals, dungeons etc. via the menu but I’m a little lost as to how to get to them when the group is ready. Do I have to use the closest waypoint and then walk in? Easy enough for fractals but not for dungeons where I might not have the location.

Or can you teleport right to the entrance?

thanks

Posted by: Nordom.3485

Nordom.3485

The general rule is you need at least one person able to open the instance you desire, then when he opens, the rest of the party members that are on the same map as the instance entrance will get a popup allowing them to join. That means that you need to be at least on the same map to enter or (if you’re opening) walk up to the entrance. It’s relatively easy to reach most of the dungeon maps, Twilight arbor, Caudecus Manor and Ascalonian Catacombs are all located on starting maps.
Keep in mind that sometimes you might miss the popup window; as long as you’re on the correct map, a simple relog should fix that or waypointing far enough on the same map to get a loading screen.
Hope that helps
Edit: LFG is not queue btw, it’s just a “party-maker”. It doesn’t really have much interaction with the popup prompts to go in a dungeon

(edited by Nordom.3485)

Posted by: hornswroggle.8023

hornswroggle.8023

Usually you get a prompt to enter the instance once you join the group, but only if you are on the map that the entrance portal is on.
Also at least one of the group members has to be in the instance.
If you miss or close the prompt you can call it back by using a Waypoint that causes a loading screen (usually one in a moderate distance) or Walking into the Entrance Portal itself.
Also Every Dungeon entrance has a WP right next to it, but it is often Contested because of Events rolling through the area.

Posted by: Nephilim.8395

Nephilim.8395

thanks for that