Returning to GW2

Returning to GW2

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: johnIV.3849

johnIV.3849

So just installed and update gw2 again. Been probably half a year since I have played. Last time I played I got my thief to 80 then stopped.

I would like to start fresh with a new character. I know it will be asuran, just because I have never had one and they seem like a mad genius that tries to take over the world every night lol.

Only problem I have is I need help deciding on which prof I should roll with. I have narrowed it down to engineer, necro, and mesmer. I pretty much have only solo leveled going from area to area. And solo roamed in WvW with my D/P thief. PvP isn’t really a big deal since it is totally a seperate beast because you can do it at level 1.

All suggestions are welcome. Please put in some feedback.
Thanks guys.
P.S. I do know a little bit about the fore mentioned classes if that helps.

Returning to GW2

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

I actually have all those choices as my Asura chars, my engineer is my lowest level and because they don’t have 2 weapon sets I’m not really able to get into that char as much. She will get to 80 at some point though.

My necro though is at level 80 and I too play solo a lot (not with bosses but still) and I have found the necro to be the easiest to use in that regard. Mostly because of the minions.

As I see it, you have 4 empty slots left. Try a class for a few levels, heck try all 3 at the same time! That ways you can easily spot the difference and you can always delete the char that doesn’t fit you (still having gained some gold and such through playing).

I should add, that I never researched any of the professions outside of just trying and I have a char for each profession.

Returning to GW2

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

If PvE is your thing: Engineer is the best choice IMO since they are heavy AoE based and get perma speed early. The Necro Minion Master was easy mode leveling just not as fun to me. The Mesmer is the worst mainly because it is SLOW.

If WvW large scale fights is your thing: Necro is the best choice followed by Mesmer. Engi’s aren’t specialized enough to bring a lot to the zerg party.

If WvW roaming is your thing: Mesmer followed by Engi. Necros are too slow to be good roamers IMO.

As for Dungeons… not my thing so I will let someone else fill in the blanks.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Returning to GW2

Posted by: johnIV.3849

johnIV.3849

Any one else have some opinions on this. I tried out engineer seems like it will be super hard to play. Necro seems pretty easy with minions and deathshroud. And Mesmer is alright so far with GS and sword/focus/pistol. Doesn’t seem like Mesmer has very much in the aoe department.

Returning to GW2

Posted by: Distinguished.6531

Distinguished.6531

I’m in love with my ranger at the moment. I can’t even tell you why… the pet AI isn’t the best. But boy oh boy is it fun

Returning to GW2

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

Engineer is pretty easy once you get kits, like the flamethrower.

Returning to GW2

Posted by: squintlight.6405

squintlight.6405

I personally love necro. I don’t even use minions and its just a blast and not super difficult. I couldn’t get into engineer and I know nothing about the Mesmer :P