Returning to GW2, have some questions.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Enigma.7384

Enigma.7384

I’ll keep this short. The last time I did anything in GW2 was the tower of nightmares so i’ve been for roughly 2 years. Can anyone quick bring me up to speed on how things are now? It can be a bit overwhelming to return to a game you haven’t played in a while especially when they make so many updates!

I know this part should probably belong in the Guardian section, but I just wanted to ask. Has much changed with the Guard or profession balance in general? I ask because when I stopped I was playing a Guardian, and wanted to know how that profession is coming along. In terms of balance is there still a heavy DPS-Meta present in the game? It was something I never got used to when playing a Guardian since I had always played defensively instead of berserk dmg with support. That, and it never seemed to fit the archetypal ideas of the Guardian profession. I’d like to believe that I am returning with a fresh mindset, and ready to adjust if need be since I enjoy the profession so much.

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Updates…best to check the wiki. There was a big update last year and the expansion is coming out soon (define soon?) so watch for Heart of Thorns (“HoT”) news.

Berserker (and focus on DPS in general) is still meta, but that doesn’t mean you only have that option — depending on what you want to do.

Meta builds:

http://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki

Posted by: Enigma.7384

Enigma.7384

Updates…best to check the wiki. There was a big update last year and the expansion is coming out soon (define soon?) so watch for Heart of Thorns (“HoT”) news.

Berserker (and focus on DPS in general) is still meta, but that doesn’t mean you only have that option — depending on what you want to do.

Meta builds:

http://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki

Thanks for replying. I guess i’ll have to check on the wiki. I went there a lot for information back when I was actively playing. I’m interested to see what new stuff has come out. Also thanks for the link to the Meta wiki I had no idea there was even a site for Meta builds.