Returning to the game...kinda.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

So, it’s been 10 months i think since my last log in. Now i want to return to the game but i’m not thinking in going hardcore you know (going for dungeons and fractals) because i almost had an ulcer with the amount of stress. I just want to explore the world and kill some mobs here and there and have fun with other people killing champions and doing some events and i just want to know if full DPS it is still the way to go in PvE and if people still don’t like rangers.

Thanks in advance.

Posted by: Nova.3814

Nova.3814

Not going to lie, yes and yes.

Full damage traits and gear (power/precision/ferocity) is still the way to go if you manage to survive that way (which is nothing more than practice.)

Rangers are not in the worst position (they’re not Necromancers) but are indeed often overlooked in teams because other classes can do it better or work together better. In organized groups you’ll generally see 2x Elementalist, 1x Warrior, 1x Thief, 1x Guard/Mesmer because it has the needed support (Swiftness, Stealth, Reflects, Stability) and damage (Vulnerability, Might, Fury, Banners)

In unorganized groups a Ranger can fulfill a decent DPS-buffer with Spotter/Frost Spirit (more or less over either a Warrior or a second Elementalist) but there’s still quite a lot of Ranger-hate and people being misinformed, which will mean a group would easily kick a Ranger, yet run 3x Warrior despite it being less effective.

Ranger life is possible, but it won’t be easy. Despite them being in a relatively good position now-a-days (some personal damage buffs.)

PS: Only in Dungeons/Fractals can people really kick you for playing a class you like. In open-world no-one should care or judge… For just casual play (maybe even the occasional, relaxed dungeon run with a friendly social guild) you should be fine. Don’t let the elitist get to you.

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

Not going to lie, yes and yes.

Full damage traits and gear (power/precision/ferocity) is still the way to go if you manage to survive that way (which is nothing more than practice.)

Rangers are not in the worst position (they’re not Necromancers) but are indeed often overlooked in teams because other classes can do it better or work together better. In organized groups you’ll generally see 2x Elementalist, 1x Warrior, 1x Thief, 1x Guard/Mesmer because it has the needed support (Swiftness, Stealth, Reflects, Stability) and damage (Vulnerability, Might, Fury, Banners)

In unorganized groups a Ranger can fulfill a decent DPS-buffer with Spotter/Frost Spirit (more or less over either a Warrior or a second Elementalist) but there’s still quite a lot of Ranger-hate and people being misinformed, which will mean a group would easily kick a Ranger, yet run 3x Warrior despite it being less effective.

Ranger life is possible, but it won’t be easy. Despite them being in a relatively good position now-a-days (some personal damage buffs.)

PS: Only in Dungeons/Fractals can people really kick you for playing a class you like. In open-world no-one should care or judge… For just casual play (maybe even the occasional, relaxed dungeon run with a friendly social guild) you should be fine. Don’t let the elitist get to you.

Thank you very much for responding me.

You see, i will maybe go for dungeons and fractals, but only if i can find a very friendly and patient guild, my last experience with random people in dungeons and fractals were horrible, but i was forced to do with random people since i don’t have friends and i couldn’t find a guild in that time.

So, should i go zerk instead of condition with my ranger in solo PvE?

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

The ranger PC is in a good place, but the overall complains I’ve experienced are due to pet management. For the most part their AI is better, but they are known to bug out and go as far as ignoring F commands other than the swap.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If you just want to play in the open world and maybe do dungeons/fractals with friendly guildies, then ranger is fine. Maybe it isn’t top of the charts for the mini maxers, but for playing causally it’s a great profession.

The only time you really need to worry about your profession is if you are playing with others who are concerned about such things.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: serow.6524

serow.6524

If your goal is open world exploration and only playing dungeons with your guild, Ranger is actually a very good choice.

Current 80s: Ranger, Mesmer, Guardian, Elementalist, Revenant, Necromancer.
Working on: Engineer