Returning to the game, questions!

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Waffles.9586

Waffles.9586

Q:

Hey there!

So I just got the urge to play, specifically craft. I really enjoyed the GW2 crafting system. Now I left pre-expansion with a max level thief. I sort of hit max level, didn’t really have much to do. I was trying to 100% all the world stuff for that legendary weapon or something?

Was thinking of returning and going back to that, but outside of self accomplishment, is there any reason to 100% everything out in the world?

Also, after being a hardcore WoW player I’m actually enjoying playing solo in games a lot more. having some “me” time I guess. When I first played this I was still hardcore raiding in WoW so I was just looking at the game form that PoV. I’m now wanting to look at it as a casual, no commitments, happy to adventure on my own PoV. Anything I should look to be doing for this kind of play style?

Finally, in pretty much any MMO I’ve played over the years, I’ve always enjoyed the crafting/gold making side of games. A game with a good crafting system alone can keep me engaged for awhile, and if I can then go onto sell what I make I just enjoy the game so much more. Is this much of a thing in GW2? I didn’t get to play around much with any high level crafting when I last played which I regret.

I don’t have heart of thorns yet but considering getting it as my thief is max level already. Kind of playing with the idea of starting over but I kinda like my thief.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

First of all, keep your thief. Even if you start another character, keep your old friend. Characters have birthdays and get gifts.

I cannot advice on the crafting and making money. I craft because it is fun and I get to make stuff for my characters, but it costs. However, I know there are in existence websites that help calculate what to craft for profit. I am sure someone will have a link.

I play casually and mostly alone though not necessarily by own choice. Things I do include gathering stuff for crafting/selling to buy other stuff, I do the dailies, recently I have spent quite a bit of time in WvW trying to get Triumphant armor skins and I am leveling my Scribe finally. Things mostly not done alone are the guild missions.

HoT does give more stuff to do. Elite speciaisations, collections, new areas with new events and a new story. And masteries: Gliding is fun.

July 26th Living World season starts. It is free for all who log in while each chapter is live, but to actually play it one needs HoT. Still, it is better to log in and unlock the chapters for free even if not sure about getting HoT. Later they will be sold in the gem store like Season 2 is now.

(edited by Garambola.2461)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Correction, July 26! A week from tomorrow!

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Hah. I seem to have given up on the Summer too soon. Fixing rhe original.