Revenant, or Guardian?

Revenant, or Guardian?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: dopurun.2587

dopurun.2587

Had this game for awhile, but never played much. Bought into Path of Fire out of interest for the Firebrand, so I played a Guardian but I find that Revenant also looks interesting. I like frontline fighters with some sort of support angle, so I thought the Guardian fit the bill very well.

So my question to experienced players: what does the Guardian bring over the Revenant, and vice versa?

Revenant, or Guardian?

Posted by: Alatar.7364

Alatar.7364

It all comes down to a build, really.
As a Guardian you provide blocks, healing, some boons like stabillity and swiftness. Plus a great deal of damage
As a Revenant you provide Might, Fury, Regeneration (as Herald of course), swiftness. Plus a great deal of damage.
But then you swap Revenants build and you too provide blocks and heals and projectile denial. Conditions, etc.
One brings something over the other, who brings something the other cannot or cannot in such amount.

I’d go Guardian if you wanted more sustain, Revenant if more damage. But as I mentioned, it is matter of build. You can be Revenant with more sustain than Guardian, but with less damage. Or Guardian with a huge damage, but less sustain.

PS: Not particulary sure if the last two sentences made sense, but you get the point.

~I Aear cân ven na mar

Revenant, or Guardian?

Posted by: dopurun.2587

dopurun.2587

As a Guardian you provide blocks, healing, some boons like stabillity and swiftness. Plus a great deal of damage
As a Revenant you provide Might, Fury, Regeneration (as Herald of course), swiftness. Plus a great deal of damage.
But then you swap Revenants build and you too provide blocks and heals and projectile denial. Conditions, etc.
One brings something over the other, who brings something the other cannot or cannot in such amount.

I’d go Guardian if you wanted more sustain, Revenant if more damage. But as I mentioned, it is matter of build. You can be Revenant with more sustain than Guardian, but with less damage. Or Guardian with a huge damage, but less sustain.

PS: Not particulary sure if the last two sentences made sense, but you get the point.

I mostly wish to be viable across the board (not the best), while providing welcome support. If what you say is true, then I guess its a matter of going with something I like aesthetically then? In that case, I’ll give Revenant a try. I could always boost a Guardian later if I hate it.

(edited by dopurun.2587)

Revenant, or Guardian?

Posted by: Alatar.7364

Alatar.7364

I mostly wish to be viable across the board (not the best), while providing welcome support. If what you say is true, then I guess its a matter of going with something I like aesthetically then? In that case, I’ll give Revenant a try. I could always boost a Guardian later if I hate it.

This might be confusing, but if you wish to be viable across the board while providing nice support, then go Guardian. There are plenty good builds for being a support Guardian, or support/ damage, but only one build for each support or support/ damage Revenant. But I find Revenant to be much more fun to play.

~I Aear cân ven na mar