Rich Node C/D on a map or bug?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Earlywood.7438

Earlywood.7438

Example:

I’m in SW doing the Maguuma Lumber daily and hit up a Rich Mithril node on the way and get 10 uses. A few minutes later, I see another Rich Mithril node on the same map and hit it up but now I only get 3 uses.

Why did I only get 3 uses on the second Rich Mithril node? Is there a c/d I get placed into after I deplete a rich node on a map before I can do another or is this a bug? This is something I’ve encountered many times over the years but figured today I’d actually ask about it today. No one in guild knew and I couldn’t find anything in the wiki or google so here I ask you.

Posted by: ShortnCurly.9018

ShortnCurly.9018

SW is unique in this way, it sometimes has more than 1 rich node but records/remembers your limited to 1 so it treats the second as a normal.

Proud member of uPOI, Undiscovered Point of Interest an OCX guild on NA.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

SW is unique in this way, it sometimes has more than 1 rich node but records/remembers your limited to 1 so it treats the second as a normal.

I don’t think this is the case. Rich nodes aren’t always limited to one per map. Kessex hills often has 2-3 rich iron nodes, and they all give the full amount of strikes.

The rich node in SW is bugged, and always gives 2-3 strikes, regardless of whether or not there’s another rich node in the map.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I don’t think this is the case. Rich nodes aren’t always limited to one per map. Kessex hills often has 2-3 rich iron nodes, and they all give the full amount of strikes.

The rich node in SW is bugged, and always gives 2-3 strikes, regardless of whether or not there’s another rich node in the map.

There can be 3 rich nodes in SW and as the first respondent said, only the first one (which ever you use) gives you two throws; the other two give the same as a regular mithril node. It’s either a unique mechanic to SW or a bug. Regardless, it’s been there (and reported) since SW was introduced, so I doubt it’s going to get changed anytime soon, if ever.

tl;dr call it a bug or a peculiarity of the map; it’s probably here to stay

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Earlywood.7438

Earlywood.7438

Thanks guys, I guess in the end it doesn’t really matter what I call it but I wasn’t sure it was a SW thing until now. I can live with that answer:)