Rich Ori Veins

Rich Ori Veins

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Rurik Telmonkin.3648

Rurik Telmonkin.3648

Hey guys,

So I have confirmed for myself that the rich ori vein in Southsun Cove has been changed to a normal one, though the champion karka still protects it, which is a bit of an out of proportion challenge for the reward.

But can anyone confirm that the rich ori vein in EB has been changed as well? I was completing the jumping puzzle yesterday and only found a regular vein and I dont remember if this was always there or if it used to be the rich one.

Thanks,

Rurik

Rich Ori Veins

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

As far as I know, they nerfed the node in Southsun due to guesting- if they hadn’t nerfed it, you’d have been able to mine the thing three times a day by jumping onto other servers, not counting any alts you may have (as nodes are per character, not per account). By that logic, since WvW isn’t affected by guesting, the rich node in EB would be left alone.

A guildmate seemed to have confirmed this yesterday, but I can’t recall if he actually saw it or was speculating.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Rich Ori Veins

Rurik Telmonkin.3648

Do you remember where in the puzzle the rich node was? because I found this normal node right before the dark room.

Rich Ori Veins

Posted by: damny.9342

damny.9342

The EB one isn’t always there. Wiki says it’s glitched, too.

Rich Ori Veins

Rurik Telmonkin.3648

I can confirm that it is bugged, I was there again just last night, and it said that it was a rich vein, but it only let me hit it three times instead of 10.

Rich Ori Veins

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

As far as I know, they nerfed the node in Southsun due to guesting- if they hadn’t nerfed it, you’d have been able to mine the thing three times a day by jumping onto other servers, not counting any alts you may have (as nodes are per character, not per account). By that logic, since WvW isn’t affected by guesting, the rich node in EB would be left alone.

The Southsun node was not nerfed due to guesting. Players had already tested prior to the patch implementing guesting whether the node is tied to the server, and found that it wasn’t – in other words, you could mine the node, transfer servers, and find that on the new server, you had no node (until the 24 hour respawn period had elapsed).

That said, since the patch notes only mention nerfing the Southsun node, it’s reasonable to assume that the EB node is intended to remain Rich – but it was bugged prior to the patch and remains bugged, so who knows.