Posted by: Zygomaticus.7469

Zygomaticus.7469

How do you “role play” in game?

Would it be cool to live forever?

Role play

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Imagine that you’re an actor in a movie. Your character is the role you are playing. Another player "walks up to you, looks you up and down, and says, “You’re a long way from <insert capital city>, stranger. What brings you to Lion’s Arch?”

What does he/she say? What does he/she do? The answers will form the foundation of your roleplaying.

Role play

Zygomaticus.7469

seems like too much work. XD haha is there a group that do this? or a guild perhaps.

Role play

Zaxares.5419

There are roleplaying guilds around, yes. Most of them are based on Tarnished Coast (NA) or Piken Square (EU). The following website is a good place to get started if you’re interested in joining the RP community:

http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/

Role play

Zygomaticus.7469

so they would be like.

“Zaxares! comrade! I thirst of ascalonian blood! let us pillage the ascalonian catacombs! wake those sleeping excuse for a warrior! let our path be 1! what say you?!”

Role play

Zaxares.5419

Well, some people do RP through dungeons, but generally, roleplay tends to be confined to within towns and safe areas as it’s harder to type complex responses when you’re under attack.

But yes, that is one way of doing it. I also know that the Chains of Duty guild also does RP raids across Tyria on weekends. (Joined them once. Was lots of fun. )

Role play

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

seems like too much work. XD haha is there a group that do this? or a guild perhaps.

It is not supposed to be “work”, its a form of creative self-entertainment. Like if you sit down to paint something, but the thing you “paint” is a fictional character and his/her reaction to the world, including other characters roleplayed by other players.

There are groups of players doing this not necessarily connected to each other. Most form guilds around a roleplaying in-character thing, like a detachment of a charr legion, or a human noble house. Sometimes even these separate guilds interact if they happen to meet, ideally respecting each other’s characters and principles to form a somewhat connected story.

Admittedly it has been quite a lot harder to set up good inter-guild roleplay since Megaservers hit the scene. Before that, however, Piken Square for EU and Tarnished Coast for NA were the servers to be on if you wanted to see for yourself.

Role play

Zygomaticus.7469

will probably look into it. Really interested on how the community works.

thanks for you replies!

Role play

Posted by: insaneshadow.1654

insaneshadow.1654

I was running around Dredgehaunt when I began reading emotes that were like, “So-and-so nods to so-and-so.” And, “everyone sits down around the fire”; when I went up a hill near a campsite I saw 7 Norn players getting back up and emoting whatever it was they were role playing. It was interesting and I wanted to just sit there and watch them.

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

Role play

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Role play…

Act out some conversation.
You can do that with “/me `write here your role play action´”.
This doesn’t make your character perform any emote or actions, it’s mostly text based interaction with other role players.

OR

Play content with group and utilize builds that fall into category of the GW2 Trinity.
You can play with any build you want and win.
Unfortunately, PvE content of “Zhaitan Campaing” (Meaning the content that came with GW2 release) utilizes universal design of “High HP-Spike DMG-0 Armor” and “Anything below Champion are trash mobs”, which reduces the impact on results, you will be always under-performing DPS and DPS-support…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

(edited by FrostSpectre.4198)