Role playing for new gw2 players

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Kuduka.3860

Kuduka.3860

Hello all,

I was kinda confused about the role playing part of gw2 some people do. I had an idea of what it was but then read a post on here and it completely confused me. I was wanting to start this thread to help people like me to understand what it was.

I am all forms of Kuduka.
Kuduka- Elementalist | Kudukâ- Mesmer |
Kuduka Dark- Necromancer

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

Hello! Since I heard you just recently came to TC, welcome to TC.

I’m not sure if you’re confused about how to get started on RP or what RP is, so I’ll answer both.

Roleplay (RP) can best be described as acting without a script. You essentially become your character, an inhabitant of Tyria, and act out their lives, thoughts, and actions, all according to the rules of the in-game universe. You can think of it sort of as collaborative writing without paper, an exercise in creativity.

Some links:
-An RP Guide for the Newcomer
-A guide to Roleplay
-Roleplay Best Practices
-The Rights of Roleplayers

As for how to get started in RP, Donari made an excellent post earlier on the subject. You will usually encounter RP if you walk around- it’s most plentiful in the cities and in Queensdale, but I’ve encountered it in Orr, in the wizard town in Kessex, and even stumbled upon an entire guild gathering in a hidden grove behind a jumping puzzle. You can also check http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/forum for fellow RPers in the area and RP guilds/hotspots, as well as if you have any lore questions.

Have fun!

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread