Royal Pass

Royal Pass

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Could someone explain how they are supposed to work?

I got one of the 2 week ones, and picked the Divinity Reach one, and I thought the way they worked was you used it to go there and when you were done, you’d use it again and it would send you back where you were? It doesn’t seem to do that?

Royal Pass

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You’re right except for the last part – the passes do not send you back to where you entered from. To leave you either walk out the entrance into Divinity’s Reach or use the asura gate to go to another city, or use a waypoint.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Royal Pass

notebene.3190

You’re right except for the last part – the passes do not send you back to where you entered from. To leave you either walk out the entrance into Divinity’s Reach or use the asura gate to go to another city, or use a waypoint.

Thank you. The new PoF pass will work the same way when it’s active?

Is there another type of pass that sends you back to where you were (other than WvW, which they removed the guild bank from a few years back)? I see there is a Home Portal stone that says “d-click while in your home to go back to where you were”. If you walk out into the city and use the services and then walk back into the home instance and then use the Home Portal, do you go back to where you were? Update: Disregard last question, this in the notes says you can’t do what I’d want to do.

Without the ability to use services and go back to where you were, I’m not seeing the appeal of these things.

Royal Pass

Posted by: RAWR.4273

RAWR.4273

Thank you. The new PoF pass will work the same way when it’s active?

Yes, the new POF Pass will work the same way, unless it acts more like the Mistlock Sanctuary Passkey.

Is there another type of pass that sends you back to where you were (other than WvW, which they removed the guild bank from a few years back)?

Yes, it’s called the Mistlock Sanctuary Passkey. There is a portal in the middle of the area that will allow you to teleport back to your original location. However, this passkey was only temporary available, and has left the gem store to return another day.

Without the ability to use services and go back to where you were, I’m not seeing the appeal of these things.

The main appeal is that it will teleport you to an area of great convenience, and is also a free teleport if you’re heading in that direction already. For example, let’s say you always go to Divinity’s Reach after finishing your things for the day, to unload loot and stop by your home instance. The Royal Pass will bring you there for free, anytime you want.

It really is just a convenience though, the game does not force you to have it in order to play the game. Each area has their own unique aesthetics, and services, and that is just one of the few reasons players may want it.

Royal Pass

notebene.3190

…things…

Thank you!

I’ll have to keep an eye out for the Mistlock Santuary key then. Edit: Bummer, I see it was like ‘just’ on sale a month ago. Crossing my fingers the PoF one works like the Mistlock item (but I highly doubt it, as a give-away item).

Royal Pass

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

{snip} (other than WvW, which they removed the guild bank from a few years back)?

FYI, you can still access the Guild Bank in WvW. Just talk to the Guild Master(Guild Registrar) NPC. There is an option to access the guild bank.

Royal Pass

notebene.3190

{snip} (other than WvW, which they removed the guild bank from a few years back)?

FYI, you can still access the Guild Bank in WvW. Just talk to the Guild Master(Guild Registrar) NPC. There is an option to access the guild bank.

:O

Thanks!

Royal Pass

Danikat.8537

This is the main reason I never had a pass before the PoF one (and only got that because it’s part of a bundle).

If you’re finished with the area you’re in and want to access some/all the services in a city before heading somewhere else it’s slightly quicker than going to WvW/PvP and then to Lion’s Arch and cheaper than a waypoint to LA/another city. And it means you’ve got all the services in a relatively small area.

But it never seemed worth the cost to me.

I’ve got a free pass to the Captain’s Airship which came from my free Season 1 Memory Box, and after that I’ve got one from the 5th bithday (going to pick the Mistlock Sanctuary) but it’s definitely not something I’d miss once it’s gone.

Royal Pass

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’ve got a free pass to the Captain’s Airship which came from my free Season 1 Memory Box, and after that I’ve got one from the 5th bithday (going to pick the Mistlock Sanctuary) but it’s definitely not something I’d miss once it’s gone.

Just wait until you’ve lived without Nova Launch, Low Gravity, or return-to-last-location. Or, for that matter, the convenience of all those services within a few clicks (i.e. Nova Launch) of each other.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Royal Pass

Danikat.8537

Just wait until you’ve lived without Nova Launch, Low Gravity, or return-to-last-location. Or, for that matter, the convenience of all those services within a few clicks (i.e. Nova Launch) of each other.

I’ll let you know in 3 weeks then, when I’ve used it up.