Rune of The Trapper - How do I get it?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Ser Sanoj.7940

Ser Sanoj.7940

Q:

Greetings.

I am puzzled since I cannot find this rune on the trading post. Is there any way of acquiring this rune (superior rune of the trapper) without reaching level 400 in tailoring, leatherworking and armorsmithing? I do not have enough gold to reach those levels.

Could I join a guild and ask someone to craft it for me or should I go guildwars 1 style, travel to lions arch and go “WTB Superior Rune of The Trapper” in the chat?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

A:

They are account bound on acquire. Meaning you would have to craft them yourself.

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace

Ser Sanoj.7940

Thank you kindly for the reply! Although not the news I was hoping for, I do appreciate the knowledge provided. That kinda puts my idea of reliving one of my fondest memories of guildwars 1, a trapper ranger, on ice. Hopefully not permanently.

Godspeed Skyhawk. May you always find water and shade.

Posted by: ShortnCurly.9018

ShortnCurly.9018

The recipe is a common drop in EotM, I’ve had many.
The rune is as above said, have a check on the wiki for exact details, I have 400+ Tailor and made a set for myself, no problem.

Sorry we couldn’t be of more help, recipe is the key I believe.

Proud member of uPOI, Undiscovered Point of Interest an OCX guild on NA.

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

Just to be sure, you realise you only need ONE at 400, right? There’s crafting guides to get you there relatively cheaply, And it’s certainly something you can work toward in a week or two of casual play.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

Ser Sanoj.7940

Thank you for the added input.

Now things no longer seem so dire (pun intended, I am looking to run my trapper ranger on a dire armor). I had not realized that you only needed one profession at 400, the way wiki listed the professions in a row, I figured they were all mandatory and that somehow you had to switch between them (since you can only have two active professions) when producing the rune. Needless to say, I’ve never used crafting before, the guides will be put to good use. Finished the story line without delving into that aspect of the game.

Gonna give a edge of the mists a go (never have), as well as work towards mastering one of the professions required.

May the pale tree bless you for your quick and exhaustive replies.

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

The recipe is also 3copper on the tp, pretty affordable if you ask me.
Edge of the mists is a WvW instance, so you’ll be fighting other players in case you didn’t know. Generally in EoTM you want to follow a commander and a zerg (large group of ppl) around to stay “safer”.
I would recommend http://gw2crafts.net for crafting since the prices are actually up to date. Just use the normal guides which will cost you about 27gold to level one of the disciplines to 400.

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace