Runes in Armor Sets

Runes in Armor Sets

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: spalt.6938

spalt.6938

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the runes in armor sets can be replaced.

For example, the “Jatoro’s ____ of Scavenging” set comes with the bonuses:
(1) +28 Condition Damage
(2) +7% Magic Find
(3) +55 Condition Damage
(4) +13% Magic Find
(5) +100 Condition Damage
(6) +15% Magic Find; Increased Gold from Monsters

I was wondering if I could change the rune so that it becomes something else – just as an example, into Superior Rune of Dwayna, so that it becomes “Jatoro’s _ of Dwayna” instead. Is that possible? Or would I have to buy one of those pieces with an unused upgrade slot instead?

Runes in Armor Sets

Posted by: pyrokinesis.6507

pyrokinesis.6507

You can absolutely replace runes in armor sets – just be aware that the existing runes will be destroyed in the process.

Runes in Armor Sets

spalt.6938

Thanks for the quick response pyrokineses!

Just a follow up question, there’s no benefit to completing a full set (ex. six Jantoro pieces) vs pieces from different sets right? I mean, as long as the runes all match, that’s ok?

The reason I’m asking is that I bought (and equipped) some of the pieces which had unused upgrade slots already. I assume these came from crafting. Then I found a different set which had the exact same stats except these had runes in them already. The pieces I need to upgrade are cheaper on the other set than the one I already started completing (though I plan to change the rune).

Runes in Armor Sets

Posted by: pyrokinesis.6507

pyrokinesis.6507

Yeah, the runes are where your set bonuses come from (afaik). The rest is stats and aesthetics.

Runes in Armor Sets

spalt.6938

Ok, thanks again!