-""]SUGGESTION[""- LFG for Dungeons

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: st john ambulance.6071

st john ambulance.6071

im having Great difficulty finding Groups for dungeons,,can we have and GW1 or Aion system where you press a key and a box pops up on ur screen and you can see WHO is making a team for a WHAT dungeon…im fed of spamming in chat with no responce.

thank you

Posted by: hiromu.3456

hiromu.3456

That’s a good idea. As long as it doesn’t become an instant teleport to the dungeon.

Posted by: Plunder.8195

Plunder.8195

If I remember correctly there is a LFG feature somewhere. I think if you press ‘Y’ there is a tab where you can see who is looking for a group.

edit: here it is http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Contacts

Some thought provoking quote

Posted by: st john ambulance.6071

st john ambulance.6071

i see it…but imho its a little lame…it dosnt stick out and its not used,its a feature that is very under used….i think it needs to be BIGGER,BOLDER AND BRIGHTER so people use it..there need to be a link to it on the game screen so its always there…click it and it opens… very few people know about the “Y” option… it needs to scream at people so they use it

Plunder.8195

I agree it’s a bit too hidden at the moment

Posted by: Azzras.8041

Azzras.8041

I agree with st john, finding groups should be easy and the tools for grouping should stand out.

Plunder.8195

At least next time you spam the map-chat include the “Y”-option so that everybody learns about it ;-)

Posted by: Djinn.4396

Djinn.4396

Due to the fact that the trinity doesn’t need to exist in this game I don’t see why they didn’t add a random grouping system for dungeon running. In my opinion it was the single greatest enhancement that Blizzard ever put into WoW and for a new MMO to come out without it is a bit short sighted.

Posted by: daemonlama.5413

daemonlama.5413

I don’t mind a system to help create a group, as long as it doesn’t end up like WoW. Where we end up sitting in cities, with insta-teleports, and where we don’t even have to speak to each other. This is an MMO after all, when forming/joining/running in groups, we should be communicating.

Posted by: Drintar.1246

Drintar.1246

Due to the fact that the trinity doesn’t need to exist in this game I don’t see why they didn’t add a random grouping system for dungeon running. In my opinion it was the single greatest enhancement that Blizzard ever put into WoW and for a new MMO to come out without it is a bit short sighted.

I totally disagree, nothing like running pugs with a bunch of people that don’t want to say a thing and just want to rush rush rush through the dungeon as fast as they can. At least right now I hope people are learning to slow down and use strategy again.

Djinn.4396

I don’t mind a system to help create a group, as long as it doesn’t end up like WoW. Where we end up sitting in cities, with insta-teleports, and where we don’t even have to speak to each other. This is an MMO after all, when forming/joining/running in groups, we should be communicating.

The reason we end up using Org and SW as lobbies while we wait for queues to pop in WoW is because we have seen Azeroth for the last 7 years and frankly have explored enough of it that we just don’t care anymore. Tyria is a brand new world and we as players would be fools to not be out exploring it especially with the way XP gains work in this game. Also the dynamic events (rifts) being what they are those still give you a reason to be out in the open world and they do give you rewards for that effort.

Djinn.4396

I totally disagree, nothing like running pugs with a bunch of people that don’t want to say a thing and just want to rush rush rush through the dungeon as fast as they can. At least right now I hope people are learning to slow down and use strategy again.

Between a Wife 5 kids and a full time job I don’t have time for that type of dungeon running experience…

Posted by: Halliden.4239

Halliden.4239

Considering the game is primarily PvP based, why make grouping for PvE hard? I cant say I particularly enjoy standing outside a dungeon waiting to get a group for up to half hour. It gets kind of boring and I’d rather be out gathering or questing, Just personnel preference.