Scholar runes for light armored?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I love my light armored professions. I mean I love the 3 professions so much I have two of each.

Now, I am making my ascended armor and I would like to be able to swap the set around for all 3 of the professions. I am making it Berserker’s as I run a power necro, already a zerker ele and it’s a good set for the mesmer (right now my mes is in assassins). I am used to being squishy so won’t be a change.

So my basic question is: are Scholar runes the best over all rune to use for all 3 of the professions? Or is there a better one I should be looking at to stick in there? I have a set of strength but not sure how well that would fair for the necro or the mesmer really.

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

I woul say yes for mesmer and ele and no for necro. Necros are supposedly more damaging over time and scholar runes are great for up front burst. Id use pack because they give both power and prec and has good boons and gives swift dur which both necro and eles love

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

My opinions:
Scholar is perfect for ranged combat, staff Ele’s and GS/staff mesmers will benefit a lot, when running axe your necro could benefit as well, BUT when fighting close range, (D/D ele, D/D necro, sword mesmer) it takes 1 hit to get you below the 90% health and lose the bonus which scholar runes have… for necro I’d think about strength (if so take a sigil of strength as well, or blood is power.)
This leaves the question unanswered.

I’m running strength on all my hybrid (sinister-based) and all melee(zerk-based) fighters. During stacking you normally get might. This is ideal for dungeon runs.

I’m still using scholar on my ele, my LB ranger (I also still have a set om my tanky guardian, (he has an old zerk set, it’s a leftover from a n old meta from before the strength update.)) This is better for places where stacking isn’t an issue… more casual dungeons, wvw and pve come to mind.

BUT FOR YOUR QUESTION:

If you have 1 set of armor for all 3 classes (and only choice between Strength and Scholar): I’d take runes of the Scholar

Else you’ll need a way to keep might up at all times, e.g. dungeon stack and it isn’t that difficult:
with ele,(fire field & acrane wave/brilliance, or another blast?), but it tends to be more of an issue with mesmer (I’m not 100 % familiar with shatter and phantasm as I mostly use PU condi). Necro’s can have blood is power, might on deathshorud #1 if traited. Of course you could solve everything with a sigil of strength…
AS A SECOND THOUGHT: I’d even consider runes of the pack and ruby orbs…. yes, really.

Total bonuses from
Scholar 175 power, 100 ferocity , +10% while health is above 90%
Strength 175 power, +45% might duration, +5% while under might

Other options:
(Ranger: 175 Precision, 100 ferocity, +7% dmg having an elemental, minion, illusion (,mini?))
(Pack: 175 power, 125 precision, +30% swiftness duration, 25% to give (might, fury and swiftness (10s)) when struck (20s cd)) (Just think about this one!)
(Ruby Orbs: 120 power, 84 precision 84 ferocity)

-editted to change rune suggestion. I’d consider pack over ranger, as ranger is precision based.- Come to think about it, Rune of the eagle…. infiltration, and ogre are always interesting

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Other options:
(Ranger: 175 Power, 100 ferocity, +7% dmg having an elemental, minion, illusion (,mini?))
(Pack: 175 power, 125 precision, +30% swiftness duration, 25% to give (might, fury and swiftness (10s)) when struck (20s cd)) (Just think about this one!)
(Ruby Orbs: 120 power, 84 precision 84 ferocity)

Ranger runes are Precision, not Power. And I do believe that the mini thing does still work.