Screenshot of character select?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: SebastianErasmus.8329

SebastianErasmus.8329

Q:

Hi folks,

I’ve been trying all sorts of things to take a screenshot of the character select screen, but to no avail. Regular Print Screen and even 3rd party grabbers like GreenShot take a picture of my desktop. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

A:

Print screen should work. It goes directly into a folder called Screens which is usually stored in a Guild Wars 2 folder in your ‘Documents’ or equivalent.

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

Are you running in Windowed mode, or Full Screen mode? (Try taking pictures in each mode)

I often press the Print Screen button, and paste into Photoshop (or you could use Paint—comes with Windows)

Posted by: Silent The Gray.3091

Silent The Gray.3091

Alt + PrtScn should do the trick, that’ll get the active window saved. You can run in fullscreen or not and that does work, just tried it out.

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Windows 7 comes with a tool called Snipping Tool. If you’re using Windowed or Windowed Borderless, you can use this to grab a section or the entirety of your screen. Not sure if it comes with Windows 8.

Posted by: SebastianErasmus.8329

SebastianErasmus.8329

Man, I’m an idiot. I knew about screenshot saving in-game, but without the chatbox reporting that a screenshot had been saved, I never even thought to check. Thanks!