See players REAL levels?

See players REAL levels?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: NRChemicals.4029

NRChemicals.4029

Why won’t it show me other players real levels? I understand that it has a green arrow showing if the character has been brought down levels but why can’t I also see their real level? How hard is that to implement in a game? Or am I missing something? Also, add this in WvWvW. You already made it so you can’t see your enemies name or gear, at least let me see their level.
Is there a way to turn this on/off? If so, which I doubt, I’ll feel like a kitten.

See players REAL levels?

Posted by: NRChemicals.4029

NRChemicals.4029

I know other people are annoyed with this. Don’t be shy.

See players REAL levels?

Posted by: Guimace.1739

Guimace.1739

Two things I’d like to see, people’s real levels and their achievement scores.

See players REAL levels?

Posted by: kilopy.2173

kilopy.2173

Why? So you can see who can carry you through a dungeon and demand certain achievement levels for running a dungeon? No thanks to the second one. Don’t turn this into WoW.

See players REAL levels?

Posted by: Eldryth.6831

Eldryth.6831

Yeah, when I’m trying to form a group for a dungeon, especially for the ones in lowbie zones, I’d like to be able to tell the difference between lowbies hanging out and people looking for a group.

See players REAL levels?

Posted by: Ari.2794

Ari.2794

Why won’t it show me other players real levels? I understand that it has a green arrow showing if the character has been brought down levels but why can’t I also see their real level? How hard is that to implement in a game? Or am I missing something? Also, add this in WvWvW. You already made it so you can’t see your enemies name or gear, at least let me see their level.
Is there a way to turn this on/off? If so, which I doubt, I’ll feel like a kitten.

I agree for PvE but disagree for PvP or WvWvW. In PvE all the players are playing cooperatively so giving the “player team” better understanding of members relative experience with their character would be nice to know.

For PvP and WvWvW, I think it should work a similar way where you can only see their true level if you are on their team, or maybe keep it hidden like it is now for PvP. My concern is that if players know the true level of their opponents then they can take advantage of the lower level, less powerful, or less experienced players. That may be related to ArenaNet’s the design intention with hiding player names also.

See players REAL levels?

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

Making the Achievement score visible out in the open would make it too much like the GearScore fiascos from WoW. On paper, it looks like a brilliant idea, but it just doesn’t work due to the nature of the players.

Real levels, on the other hand, might be on the grey area. Personally, I can tell if they’re 80 based on what they’re wearing. If they’re wearing crafted Exotic gear that has not been transmuted, then they’re more likely to be 80. If they’re using an Elite Skill, especially a race-specific skill, then they’re more likely higher than 30. If they’re using a Tier 2 Elite Skill, then they’re probably in their mid-50’s or higher.

Going back to the subject of Achievement points, also consider that points are account-wide. A low-level player with a lot of achievement points may just be someone with a lot of characters that performed different story lines.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

See players REAL levels?

Posted by: Montablac.3041

Montablac.3041

but now i might be forced to TALK to people to learn who the badies are!

way to go ANET,your not geting another months sub fee out of me!

and for those whose skull density is similar to iron…

/scarscasm

See players REAL levels?

Posted by: hahawinner.5273

hahawinner.5273

Honestly, for PvE and Dungeon runs, it shouldn’t matter if you can see the levels of people or not because everyone is level scaled to the area. You have to remember, there are no “healing classes” or “tanking classes” and just because someone is, for this example, lets say level 80, does NOT reflect how good or how bad a player someone is since we pretty much all have to rely on our own timing with dodging and healing. I feel if there was a way to see people’s levels in PvE/Dungeon runs, this would make it harder for lower level players to do things because the whole mentality would switch to “I don’t want that low level nab in my group”.

As for PvP/WvW, allowing people on the same team to see the real level of a team mate would be useful for formulating a battle plan because someone who is level 80 would most likely have better gear than someone who is upleveled to level 80 so obviously, the level 80 person will hit harder while the lower level people can be organized to run supplies, guard caravans, work as bait, ect.

See players REAL levels?

Posted by: fleeZy.5270

fleeZy.5270

If you target, or highlight them, their real level should be displayed in brackets beside the scaled level; or at least it is when you are in a group with them.

fleeZy – pewmesmerpew

See players REAL levels?

Posted by: KerrMD.2617

KerrMD.2617

I disagree. Honestly, I do not care if they are a “lowbie hanging out” or an honest to goodness low level.

Often times you will find a higher level has come into an area to complete it.

See players REAL levels?

Posted by: Soderham.1620

Soderham.1620

valid comments… I just hope GW2 doesn’t turn into the type of game where people make you shift click your weapon or inspect your gear before you get an invite to a party. (i.e. like PWI , LOTRO etc… I’ve seen this develop in these games).

See players REAL levels?

Posted by: Syn.3459

Syn.3459

Why? So you can see who can carry you through a dungeon and demand certain achievement levels for running a dungeon? No thanks to the second one. Don’t turn this into WoW.

1) how would that turns this into wow?
2) you can already see peoples real levels in dungeons because it’s on there name plate

stop being so ignorant

See players REAL levels?

Posted by: ickytwerp.9086

ickytwerp.9086

I could care less about seeing peoples real levels, you can see that just by being in a party with them. I would however love to be able to compare achieves with others, one of the main reasons for getting achievements is to compare and show them off. I do not understand why Anet included all these achievements but the only ones you can show off are the ones that give you titles. My achievements feel empty if I can’t share them with others.