Selecting an enemy

Selecting an enemy

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Sir Reginald.6534

Sir Reginald.6534

I constantly have to reselect the enemy; I’m fighting in PVP. When I see the enemy I click on them with the mouse and fight, but somehow in the middle of the battle they’re no longer selected. This also happens when I’m in the down state, I have to reselect the person who downed me to siphon health. Am I doing something wrong, this wasn’t an issue before.

Selecting an enemy

Posted by: Carrion.8249

Carrion.8249

It could be that you were fighting someone with taunt which forces you to change targets and attack. It could also be that if you double left click on the screen where no one is you deselect your target. I haven’t noticed that happening before so I can’t say if it’s a glitch or not.

Selecting an enemy

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

couple of things to check:

in the options make sure you have autoattack on. this will select your target for you when you use a skill.

also, try to stop using the mouse to interact. go into the options and set keys for “Target Nearest” I use “C” myself. it’s close and easy to reach, and you can always tab target to the next one if you need to.

The mouse is a horrible thing to use in combat.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Selecting an enemy

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Another trick is to hit CTRL-T when you have a target you want to keep. If you mouse-move you are inevitably going to deselect your target. If you’ve CTRL-T’d it, not only do you get a big red target symbol over its head, but a quick tap of T reacquires it as a target. Anyone in a party can set a target at any time and everyone else can just tap T to get it. (Or can CTRL-T something else to move the target symbol, so you can get some tug of wars going on that).

Selecting an enemy

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Keep in mind that an enemy entering stealth will lose all targeting on an enemy.

Per above, it is a very GOOD idea to stop using your mouse as a target selector and start using the target selection buttons you can set up in a variety of ways (including CALLING a target that your party can then easily target also, or targeting an enemy that one of your allies have CALLED as a target).

Also, the suggestion to enable AUTO TARGETING has both advantages and disadvantages and I doubt that many PvP players would suggest using it (but it’s 100% YOUR call). Blowing your best skill on the wrong target due to the game selecting wrong, is NOT a good thing.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Selecting an enemy

Posted by: Sir Reginald.6534

Sir Reginald.6534

Thank you all, I haven’t had an issue in a while, I don’t use the mouse to select target I press tab, but luckily for me I have not had an issue in a while. I will keep all of this in mind if it arise again.