Sent a mail to the wrong person. Can I contact ANet to help get it back?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Jamesborg.8906

Jamesborg.8906

Pretty much, I right clicked my friend’s name in my social list to send mail to him, worked the first time.
Then the second mail I sent I noticed it was to a different name, I figured he just changed characters. I look at the social list and his character didn’t change.
Am I just SoL or is there something I can do?

Posted by: Shael.4703

Shael.4703

What’s “SoL”??

There’s nothing you can do except talk to the person you missent your mail to. ANet won’t do anything about it, no game publisher will to be exact (unless maybe if they have an item mall item “special services” that you can buy).

It’s as good as gone. Just hope the person who received it from you will return it if you ask him. If not, don’t curse the person

My blog/sites: gameshogun & Tomes of Knowledge

Posted by: mathisk.6427

mathisk.6427

“SoL” means “Soooo Out of Luck” or some other word that starts with “s” that isn’t kitten. But anyway…

Posted by: Atrocity.5794

Atrocity.5794

Some guy sent me a level 80 spear on accident the first day of offical launch lmfao, I was nice enough to send it back though I didn’t have too, so ya your pretty much SOL

Posted by: OxfordDon.7803

OxfordDon.7803

This problem badly needs to be fixed, I lost a full set of level 50 jewellry intended for my wife this way. There is no way the mail system should select someone close by as a recipient, it even changes the name sometimes. Very poor mechanic on Anets part. I would imagine that thousands of misdirected mails go out each day because of this system, and you can bet only a small percentage are returned. I know my jewellry wasn’t.