Server Population Question - Permanent or Temporary

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: skitzogreg.1457

skitzogreg.1457

Good evening! I figured that this question wasn’t per say a technical one, so I’m throwing it in the general area. I purchased GW2 today with the intent of playing with real life friends. Upon entering the server connection screen, the server that I would like to create as my homeworld, “Dragonbrand”, was full. This isn’t surprising, but what did surprise me was my inability to create a character on there at all – even while willing to be queued. Is this a temporary thing (e.g., if I log in tomorrow morning, will I be able to get in), or is the server permanently full, only to be relieved upon a character transferring out? Any recommendations? Going to a different server is out of the question at this point, so I’m slightly concerned.

Posted by: Setch.2398

Setch.2398

All I can tell you is that I had people keep trying to get onto my full server until it worked.

edit: we got 6 people over in one evening.

SOR – [Boss]

Posted by: skitzogreg.1457

skitzogreg.1457

What’s the best way to refresh the server list? Keep hitting “cancel” and re-logging in? I appreciate the help!

Posted by: Azkar.6018

Azkar.6018

Server transfers are free right now, so go ahead and create your character on another server and start playing.

“Full” isn’t a permanent thing. I went through a similar thing trying to join friends’ server. Just check back periodically, especially during slow times.

Posted by: Setch.2398

Setch.2398

What’s the best way to refresh the server list? Keep hitting “cancel” and re-logging in? I appreciate the help!

I am really not sure how they did it even though we were on skype.

SOR – [Boss]