Server full?

Server full?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Masane.6015

Masane.6015

I have a question about a server being Full. Myself and 8 of my friends all went and purchased the game in the past week. When we started with picking a server, I selected the Tarnished Coast. Apparently, much to my disbelief, I selected a server that just went to “full” status. Now 2 of our 9 can’t make characters on it. The rest of us have characters that are well developed and really don’t want to delete to move off. Is this server going to stay at Full status indefinitely? I checked early this morning and it was still full from last night. If so, is there a way to move off without having to pay? We all kind of feel cheated because of bad luck. I know we can earn gold and move off, but it’s tough to get money for some of us. Just looking for an opinion or two, maybe alittle insight on how Full servers work.

Server full?

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

Server population is dependent upon the number of people currently playing. If you check in during off-hours, there’s a chance the server will drop to Very High.

The chance is rather low, though, so if your friends want to play in the meantime, you can still play together through guesting. With guesting, all content should be available except World versus World and guild upgrades (if your guild is not based on your home server), as long as you’re all playing on NA.

Anet does raise server caps periodically, but it may be a while until the next.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Server full?

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

eventually You can find and all change the server with population level that will give You possibility of playing together and with no such big cost (transfer costs depends on the population level – I heard some time ago that below some lvl transfer could be even free…..)

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Server full?

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

I see tarnished coast as very high all the time. You just have to try on offhours like late night/early morning.

Server full?

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

Tarnished Coast is the “Unofficial” RP Server, and it’s an excellent server (and good at WvW too!), and very friendly. Highly suggest your friends keep trying it’s a great choice!

Server full?

Posted by: Fhi.1840

Fhi.1840

If you are not married to Tarnished Coast, you can just delete all your characters on that server (I’m assuming no one got to 80 in the one week since you all bought the game), that would allow everyone to choose a new home server to play together.

EDIT: Apparently I fail at reading. So you do have well developed characters. For what it’s worth, TC has not been full for more than a month now. It was only the last couple of days that it was Full. When I started the game early June, I ended up waiting 3-4 days to snag a spot on TC, but about a couple of weeks after that, no server was Full anymore.

What I’m saying is, there is a high chance that it’ll drop back down if you are patient enough. It seems to me they add capacity gradually – though I have nothing to back that up.

(edited by Fhi.1840)

Server full?

Posted by: Limm.8401

Limm.8401

Don’t delete any characters. Getting them up to where they are again is gonna take longer than farming gold for gems to transfer to low/mid pop server.
If you want to play PvE (personal, story, dungeon, roaming around the landscape) just have them guest on your server or guest on theirs. You can do that in world selection for free. You can only guest on 2 different servers per day though.

When the time comes that you want to play WvW together you will have to move to the same server. However, check the forums for the kind of server your looking for first. Some low-pop server have very little going on in WvW and some high pop servers have long-ish queues at primetime.

Kitty Rages; 55k

Server full?

Posted by: NornBearPig.9814

NornBearPig.9814

Can you actually transfer for free by deleting all characters?

Server full?

Posted by: Fhi.1840

Fhi.1840

Technically it’s not called transferring if you deleted all the characters, you’re starting a new home, but yes, that’s one way to do it without spending gems.

Server full?

Falunel.7645

There was a post from an Anet employee confirming that this is true and intended. Just make sure to put whatever items you can into your bank beforehand.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast

Server full?

Posted by: TheByteees.3952

TheByteees.3952

Hey Guys. My friends have convinced me to buy Guild Wars 2 so I went out and spent $50 of my own money and it took an hour or two to download. Once I get on my friends tell me to join Tarnished Coast but it was Full. Maybe there are inactive players on that server or someone that quit? Can you please check and let me know so I can get it. I really want to play with my friends without spending money on this server.

Server full?

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

I’ve been trying to get in to Tarnished Coast for about a week now… I have friends that play on that server and WvW on that server, so I don’t want to join, and will not join, any other server. Also, I don’t want to have to pay to move at a later date since I just bought the game. So my friends and I have been checking throughout the day and night (very late at night, very early morning, afternoon, morning — almost every hour, every day, and usually multiple times an hour) to see if the population would let loose a bit, but it hasn’t. Blackgate and Tarnished Coast have pretty much remained ‘Full’ for the past week (although Blackgate was reduced to ‘Very High’ for an hour or two). Then Dragonbrand joined the ’Full" ranks and has been that way since.

Seeing that Tarnished Coast has apparently been at ‘Full’ for more than two weeks now I guess I won’t be playing any time soon…

Server full?

Posted by: Azndas.8154

Azndas.8154

Someone please do something about blackgate being full.
i just bought this game to play with my friends, starting to look like a waste of money.
This is ridiculous!

Server full?

Falunel.7645

There is always the option of joining a different NA server and guesting to do PvE content with your friends. You wont be able to do WvW, but it’ll take you some time to get to a higher level for it, by which the servers may open agin.

If you don’t want to pay for a transfer, you can trade in-game gold for gems.

Server full?

Posted by: Azndas.8154

Azndas.8154

There is always the option of joining a different NA server and guesting to do PvE content with your friends. You wont be able to do WvW, but it’ll take you some time to get to a higher level for it, by which the servers may open agin.

-__-…….

Server full?

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

Someone please do something about blackgate being full.
i just bought this game to play with my friends, starting to look like a waste of money.
This is ridiculous!

At least I saw Blackgate budge earlier. Just keep trying (although now probably wouldn’t be the best time since we’re entering prime time); I have no idea what triggers a server status refresh, though. If anyone could tell me that would be great. I keep shutting down the game and restarting it to check the population status, but I think opening the ‘World Selection’ menu and then closing it may also refresh the list?

Thanks for the suggestion, but that isn’t going to happen. That would require about 50-60 gold or so? I find it extremely silly that they lock servers from character creation in the first place.

(edited by DarkOcean.8746)

Server full?

Falunel.7645

-__-…….

Those are your options. Wait for a server cap raise (which does happen) or get started now and transfer later. I can’t go to Blackgate and ask everyone to jump, and the gold cost isn’t terrible, especially if your friends are willing to help.

(Also, that wasn’t meant rudely- imagine me saying it with a head shake and shrug. As much as I’d like to, I can’t personally budge Blackgate- the best I can do is give what advice I can.)

@Ocean: Yeah, you have to leave and reenter the character select screen for the list to refresh, either by logging out or going into the game proper. As for gold, I’ve gotten 12 gold in a day just by casually dungeoning (no speedruns or farming), and 4-5 gold yesterday just by participating in Living Story content, so 50-60 gold really isn’t that bad.

(edited by Falunel.7645)