Shields

Shields

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: SilentExodus.1280

SilentExodus.1280

Is the only benefit to using a shield the extra armor value it gives you along with the stats on it?

Like say you had a torch and a shield with identical stats but the shield gave 8 armor and the torch didn’t. Is equipping the shield literally only granting you an extra 8 armor and the 2 abilities shields get on the bar?

Just wondering if there is some extra hidden block chance or something we don’t see when using shields?

Shields

Posted by: GlockworK.2954

GlockworK.2954

It’s pretty much just for the stats and the ability to block. AFAIK, I don’t think there is any block % or block reduction. You either block it with an ability, dodge or you get hit

Shields

Posted by: SilentExodus.1280

SilentExodus.1280

Bummer I was really hoping there was some block % that gets turned on when you equip a shield. You know to block normal attacks without using a skill. Lots of games just use the stats to make your character more tough, but was hoping it was more along the lines of getting to actually block when a shield is equipped.

Only reason I wonder is because I feel a lot more tanky with a shield compared to torch/talisman.

Shields

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

Shields have a skill that reduces damage by 33%. They also increase defence. Both of which means you take less damage and feel more tanky.

Edit: Atleast on guardians.

Shields

Posted by: Vexus.5423

Vexus.5423

Blocking, from what I’ve seen, is a channeled ability that blocks – I think – all incoming damage, be it from the side, back, or wherever.

Shields

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

For me as a guard blocking is not channeled. Its a skill called aegis. I have many different instant cast sources for it. Some dont last but seconds others can last for half a minite or in the case of my Virtue of Courage every 40 seconds (Can be lowered to 30) i Get an unlimited duration aegis. (Till its used up obviously.)