Should I Use my Level 80 Boost?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Computer.8973

Computer.8973

So I’ve got this level 80 boost, but I feel like if I used it I’d be overwhelmed with tons of stuff and not really know what to do. I have not reached level 80 organically yet, farthest I’ve gotten is level 55.

Is it a good idea to use the boost? Would it ruin my experience because I don’t know what I’m doing?

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

You’ve pretty clearly answered your own question.

The reason that boost exists for the most part is to let you play with friends in the expac. Another reason it exists is that some people are so experienced with video games that they don’t need a learning curve.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I would strongly suggested leveling one, if not two, character naturally before ever considering using the L80 Boost.

You’d miss out on all the tutorials, and learning how to play that Profession, not to mention possibly entering maps that are tuned for more experienced players. You might be able to handle Core L80 maps, but HoT L80 maps and beyond might be overwhelming.

Good luck.

Posted by: Zeke.8940

Zeke.8940

Like the other have suggested, it would be more enjoyable to level one first so you won’t miss out on content that you might skip once you used the boost.

Posted by: evoljpeg.3519

evoljpeg.3519

I would suggest you do some research on what elite spec interests you.. (for me it was chronomancer) For a couple reasons. One the booster has a trial period so you can test if you like the way they play. Dont forget to try different weapon combos. Than you can cancel it and get your booster back. Two with the expac right around the corner it would be good for you to get a grasp on the end game masteries, also get your glider acheivement so leveling that 55 would go a bit better (imo)
I leveled a ranger to 46 before I bought HoT and tested the booster on a few professions…Either way goodluck to you!

Posted by: Wade.2597

Wade.2597

Level the normal way on your first character. After that you can decide.

I had all nine types maxed through elite when I used mine. I wanted the inventory slot freed up, so I rolled a ranger, easily the best class for gathering mats.