Should I be a Norn Ranger or Human Ranger?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Lytro.9305

Lytro.9305

I’ve been trying to create a character and decided on a ranger, however I can’t decide on a race. Should I be a human or norn? I like both races, and their lore. Which do you think would fit a ranger more and which race is better in your opinion? Your feedback is appreciated.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Most of my rangers are Norn. Mainly because, of the op choices, I dislike humans as a species in this game. But I do have one human ranger who will enjoy ranging across the Harathi Hinterlands when he’s experienced enough.

Having read that back to myself I don’t think this helps you in any way at all but there you go

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: spidermanwells.1543

spidermanwells.1543

It totally depends if you care about RPing or not. Imho, norn have a more established lore that revolves around rangers. However, I do not care for the bulk of muscle on my screen, and I do enjoy the human stories better.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It’s down to your personal choice, but personally I went with a Norn Ranger. Several of the Ranger’s weapon skills (Maul/Swoop on Greatsword, Viper’s Bite on Sword, the Shark/Jellyfish attacks on Spear) all scream “Spirit of the Wild!” attacks, which I thought suited Norns very well.

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

I really like my female Norn ranger – first character I created. And she’s not particularly muscular.

Attachments:

Posted by: Zygomaticus.7469

Zygomaticus.7469

Go Norn, humans are stupid.

Would it be cool to live forever?

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

Honestly, I’d try both.

I like the idea of norn plenty. Though their boasting and ego doesn’t quite fit the way I normally play my character, it’s still interesting. I like their appearances and racial skills and armor.

But I dislike their voice quips, and I dislike the camera. Especially in close quarters like a cave or jumping puzzle. I dislike how slow they feel in comparison to smaller races.

So try both and see if there’s one you prefer. Even if it means playing for a bit, then deleting, and playing the other race a bit.

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

My first character was a human female ranger, but if I had to do it again, I would go with a norn.

As for bulky norns, when in character creation, set the body size and height sliders to the lowest settings, and use a slim body shape. This is what I did for my norn female guardian.

The smallest norn is close to the same size as the largest human. The only difference is the running animations and voice actor.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver