-Sighs- Help =/

-Sighs- Help =/

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Othos.7830

Othos.7830

Ok, I have been gone for a while and I recently bought armor CoF armor to be exact and well Im trying to figure out when did this armor become Souldbound on buying it because I had every attention of giving the armor to my other 80 the only reason I bought it on a alt was because she was in LA at the time. Is there anything I can do? about this?

-Sighs- Help =/

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

Nothing you can do, all dungeon armour is Soulbound on acquire. It says so before you buy it and has done since the start of the game. Sorry to be the barer of bad news.

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

-Sighs- Help =/

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

You can unsoulbind it by tranmuting it to a white item, but you will lose the stats. If you really vere after the skin, not the stats, then you have that option.

-Sighs- Help =/

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

They where soulbound as long as I remember, the dungeon tokens are account bound. You just pay with the tokens on whichever character you want the armour on.

-Sighs- Help =/

Othos.7830

Thanks guys I appreciate it looks like ill be farming again for the same gear all over I tried the transmute thing and it didn’t work. fml and A-net wont do anything about it I didn’t know the armor was soul bound when you got it I thought it was soul bound when you equipped it.

-Sighs- Help =/

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

If you’re willing to try the transmutation again make sure that a) you use a transmutation crystal (blue) as it is a level 80 item rather than a transmutation stone (yellow) for levels 1-79. You will also need a set of white armour, all pieces at level 80, bought from any armour vendor you can see on the map.

Then it’s a case of clicking the crystal in your inventory, putting the two items (one COF piece and its white equivalent) into the two boxes you see and then clicking on the parts of each item you want to save.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Transmutation

It will work, and if you are after the looks rather than the stats it will save you grinding out another set of tokens.

Oh, and during the transmutation it will tell you that the new item you create will be soulbound but it actually won’t be. You can put the new item in your bank and your other character can come and collect it, transmute it over the stats they want and equip it.

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

-Sighs- Help =/

Othos.7830

I destroyed the set and I put what I could in the mystic toilet. I will do what A-net wants every player to do constantly grind away the dungeon.

-Sighs- Help =/

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Seems like you have problems with reading.

“Soulbound on aquire”

and

“General Guild Wars 2 discussion”

(This belongs to the players helping players subforum)

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

-Sighs- Help =/

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

The armor itself is soulboud. The tokens you used to purchase, are account bound. Maybe that is where your confusion was?

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

-Sighs- Help =/

Othos.7830

I don’t where my mind got lost at but, Im farming CoF as I type this up

-Sighs- Help =/

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

The armor is soulbound on acquire and always has been. If you want any dungeon armor just be sure to purchase it on the char you intend to use it on, the tokens are account bound so they can be shared, the armor is not.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.