Silver-fed salvaging kit, worth the buy?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Katamaranthine.4679

Katamaranthine.4679

I know it’s for convenience and all, but is it worth buying? I’ve read before that I’d save more gold if I were to use Master’s/Mystic Salvaging Kit.

Another question, how much gold would I be actually losing(just estimate) if I were to just use the Silver-fed SK exclusively for rares/exotics? It’ll be mostly used in AB farming so a lot of rares will be salvaged

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

it costs 10.49 copper per use on a Mystic Salvage Kit (if you already have the stones)
it costs 61.44 copper per use on a Master Salvage Kit.
it costs 60 copper per use on the Silver-Fed.

you make the choice.

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

No. It is more trouble than its worth because of the sigil return. Your inventory fills up too fast. Bought it when it was on sale 2 years ago.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

The silver fed kit is the most expensive form of salvaging. You only pay for the convenience that you never have to buy kits again and it takes only 1 inventory slot. NEVER worth it, not in any circumstance

Posted by: Katamaranthine.4679

Katamaranthine.4679

I guess that’s why the gem price is lower than the copper-fed one. Alright, thanks guys. Not gonna think of buying it anymore, lol.

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

It’s decent for salvaging rares and exotics if you’re out of mystic salvage kits. The sigil/rune returns will pay for the salvaging or you can carry a Mystic Forge Conduit.

Posted by: Regev.6971

Regev.6971

Why’s the sigil return problematic? You’d get the sigils with the Mystic kits anyway

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Depends on what you do ingame. I do multiloot about 5 times a day and I get about 50 rare items PER RUN and the mystic kit can’t keep up with the speed! So yes, it is worth it to me because I break lots of rares with it.

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

Why’s the sigil return problematic? You’d get the sigils with the Mystic kits anyway

It’s actually the greens and blues that give the worthless sigils. You can’t keep your inventory clear (which is the point of salvaging end-game) of the stuff when you can’t sell the green or blue for anything meaningful on the TP.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Depends how often you salvage rares and how much inventory space or frequency you visit someone you can buy master kits from; or how many mystic forge stones you got for free.

Last 30 days I salvaged a bit over 900 rares. Lets call it 1000 cause that’s 4 Mystic Salvage kits.

• Master – 6.1440 gold
  • Mystic – 1.0496 gold and 12 Mystic Forge Stones (540-600 gems if you had to buy them)
  • Silver-Fed – 6.0000 gold and 500 gems

First, master kits are the cheapest by a long shot but I have to always carry two to be able to handle my average daily rare salvage. That’s an extra inventory space that Mystic and Silver-Fed doesn’t need.

As for comparing Mystic and Silver-Fed it comes down to the drop rate of free Mystic Forge Stones and for me, it’s nowhere near 12 a month.

Now assuming you are buying Mystic Forge stones then the comparison between Mystic and Silver-Fed is trivial. In that first month while I save nearly 5 gold in salvage costs with the Mystic kit, it also costs me 40 to 100 gems more than the one time cost of a Silver-Fed in the first month and 540 to 600 gems every month after. Even at pre-sale exchange rate of 25 gold for 100 gems, Silver Fed wins hands down, IF you have to buy Mystic Forge stones.

So in the end it’s about frequency of salvaging rares, spare inventory space, and your supply of Mystic Forge stones. At my rate of salvaging rares and current supply of Mystic Forge stones, I found it worth it. But everyone’s circumstances are different.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

It’s actually the greens and blues that give the worthless sigils. You can’t keep your inventory clear (which is the point of salvaging end-game) of the stuff when you can’t sell the green or blue for anything meaningful on the TP.

Like your first post though, this still has nothing to do with the issue in question which is whether the silver-fed salvage kit is worth buying. It does not matter what kit you use to salvage your loot, you are still going to get all those sigils, or….. are you trying to say that salvaging in itself is not “worth” it and that one should just sell everything instead of salvaging?? Your post does not make this clear. Also, you should not be using a Silver-o-Matic on greens and blues, that is just a huge waste of money considering the massive amount of salvaging done in GW2. It is best to use the Silver-o-Matic on rares and exotics only and the Copper-o-Matic for all the rest (white, blue, green).

More to the point though, is it worth getting the Silver-o-Matic from a financial stand point? Not really, as it would take way too long to ever make your money back on the investment (for someone that plays in moderation). However, in terms of convenience and saving yourself time from constantly having to buy or craft kits….that is something only you can measure. I bought both sometime ago when they were on sale together as a package and have no regrets.

(edited by Silvatar.5379)