Skeleton weaknesses and Imunities

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: SpeedyG.7340

SpeedyG.7340

I did a google search on this and all I could find were references to GW1. But with regards to GW2, all I could find was speculation.
So do we know if Skeletons take double damage from Holy attacks? Do we know if blunt damage is more effective than piercing or slashing damage? What about elemental damage? Is Lightning better than Fire against skeletons? Are skeletons immune to bleeding? Would make sense, right?
These questions relate to Halloween and the Mad Kings realm.
What am I overlooking?

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

No damage types in GW2, for the most part the only thing affected is animations.

SpeedyG.7340

Well. I guess that must be what I was overlooking. I guess I was away playing GW1 for too long. What about Immunities?

SpeedyG.7340

According to the GW2 Combat System, there are two damage types:
Direct Damage = Burst Damage
Condition Damage = Poison, Bleeding, Burns, Torment, Confusion etc.

Are Skeletons effected by all of these?

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

All enemies are affected by everything for the most part. There are some rare exceptions, like some Destroyers are immune to burning, but they’ll say that up front and center under their name.

The one weird thing is some objects like doors or whatever are not affected by conditions like bleeding, and it doesn’t say that anywhere, but it’s sort of irrelevant/annoying/obvious.

Posted by: HnRkLnXqZ.1870

HnRkLnXqZ.1870

I did a google search on this and all I could find were references to GW1. But with regards to GW2, all I could find was speculation.
So do we know if Skeletons take double damage from Holy attacks? Do we know if blunt damage is more effective than piercing or slashing damage? What about elemental damage? Is Lightning better than Fire against skeletons? Are skeletons immune to bleeding? Would make sense, right?
These questions relate to Halloween and the Mad Kings realm.
What am I overlooking?

Good old days of RPGs … when elemental attunements served a real purpose. I always feel very weird when I pick my flamethrower and burn a lava grub, which is burning and stands in liquid hot lava, to death. However, there are a few mechanics which work in our favor if we use them correctly.

Some of the big bosses (the ones with a special HP bar) have two damage spots. One where you deal normal damage and one where you deal double damage. Like a weakspot, if you say so. If you use weapons which cleave, you can technically hit both spots simultanously what results in damage x3. Don’t know if this is intended.

There are some mobs and mob-classes which resist certain conditions, like the dredge which cannot be blinded or destroyers which cannot be burned. However those seem to be removed slowly from the game, or at least not continued in new maps. For example the destroyers in the RoF. They can be burned although other mobs of the same type cannot.

GW2 rather follows difficulty by game-mechanics everyone can use with every char than focusing on certain attunements which are probably locked for certain professions.

However there is one thing that actually works as elemental attunement, the potions. There exist potions for nearly every mob type in the game, which increase outgoing damage from you and decrease the damage you receive. See in TP “Potion of … slaying.” There even exist some for halloween creatures, like skeletons. We only have two buff slots for food and potions. You can different stuff in there. Some people either ignore food or put only stat-improvement/loot-boosters there. Depends on your needs.

dulfy-effect: Knowledge is power. But without fame, you are just a freak.

SpeedyG.7340

Potions…and food. Ah yes, Thank you!
I have been playing GW1 for 3 months and I came back for Halloween and I for got how to play the game. The first thing I do was go into the Mad Kings realm and the first enemy I run into is the skeleton with the chainsaw! He got me down to 10% and then I ran off the cliff.