Slayer Achievement - Giants?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

I have 5 level 80 characters each having 100% Orr map completions, Yet my Slayer Achievement Giant’s stills shows 3, despite having killed tons of champion, vet, etc giants in Orr and a lot a clockwork giants during events? In fact I solo Giants in Orr when testing out a new build.

So just what Giants count for this Slayer Achievement?

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

From wiki:
Kol Skullsmasher in Harathi Hinterlands Hidden Ourobon. It’s a cave with a few random mobs around and he stands in the middle of it

Champion Giant in Nageling, Diessa Plateau

Kudu’s Monster in COE Story.

These are the only 3 giants that count towards the Giant slayer. Risen giants count as undead and thus the Zhaitan’s Bane achievement

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

Odd, all other Slayer Achievements are creatures in the open world not specific map/dungeon bosses, sounds like this Achievement should be under bosses.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Help_U.N.I.T._find_and_destroy_the_Inquest
Can get you several giants. Supposedly loops around 15m. Need enough people to scale it up for more giants and also be aware of the bug mentioned on the bottom of the page.

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

All monsters with “Risen” count towards Zhaitan’s Bane (Risen kills).

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Don’t forget the Giant in the Toxal Bog Golum event. That one is nice because the more people there, the more giants spawn.

Check out Dulfy’s guide to that: http://dulfy.net/2013/05/13/gw2-slayer-achievements-guide/#16

If you let UNIT fail the event it does respawn quicker. Sometimes the event sticks once it gets into the Inquest Lab, though.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Don’t forget the Giant in the Toxal Bog Golum event. That one is nice because the more people there, the more giants spawn.

Check out Dulfy’s guide to that: http://dulfy.net/2013/05/13/gw2-slayer-achievements-guide/#16

If you let UNIT fail the event it does respawn quicker. Sometimes the event sticks once it gets into the Inquest Lab, though.

That is the event I mentioned above. You can mostly avoid the problem by not trying to get ahead of the golem. Failing it right after the giants would avoid the problem too.

Posted by: Pokecenter.3548

Pokecenter.3548

I believe the one in CoE doesn’t count, but i’ll check later. At least when i checked which Giants did count that one wasn’t mentioned, even if he does it is not a good way of farming that achiev. Thumbs up for the event one, i wouldn’t worry about it unless you had pretty much all the other achievs tho.

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

There used to be a guild (EU server region) for doing just this event in the Toxal Bog to help players get the giant slayer achievement.

The idea was to party up with other members of this guild from different servers whenever you wanted to kill some giants. You would then guest and port each other around doing this event in a cycle from server to server.

Now with megaserver, that method is impossible. Brisbane is not a popular map so the chances of spawning a different map after you kill the giants is very unlikely. You will need to wait for the event to either fail or succeed before the UNIT golem re-spawns. This can take up to 20 min making this painfully long process.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver