So I'm Level 80... Now What?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Keegan.4172

Keegan.4172

Q:

I’ve gotten 3 characters to level 80, and I still have no idea what to do after that. I know I can level up my masteries for Heart of Maguuma and Central Tyria, but I don’t know what else to do.
I also don’t know how to start crafting/getting ascended gear/weapons. What steps should I take in order to achieve this?

(80s) Chronomancer, Reaper, Tempest, Druid, Berserker, Daredevil, Revenant.
(Below 80) Guardian, Engineer.

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

A:

A list of things, in no particular order:

1. Complete the personal story on all of the characters you want to complete it on.
2. Map complete the entire current world
3. Complete Living Story 2
4. Complete Living Story 3
5. Complete Heart of throns story line
6. Complete all dungeon paths and get the dungeon master title
7. Keep completing Fractal dailies until you achieve 150 Agony resistance and are able to defeat the level 100 fractal.
8. Get Legendary Fractal backpiece
9. Complete every precursor journey for each weapon you either want to have or sell
10. Get legendary weapons for each of your characters, or a full set of legendary weapons for your main character.
11. Craft full set of ascended gear for your characters or just main
12. Craft ascended weapons
13. Complete all the Raid Wings
14. Achievement Point hunt
15. Get all crafting professions done and get the master crafter title
16. Get a full set of envoy armor (The first precursor to legendary armor until more is released)
17. Create your own guild and complete guild missions (wvw,pvp, or pve) so you can get enough favor to have your own guild bank for 50 extra storage. (You can continue to do this so you can get even more storage slots)
18. Capture and build up your own guild hall
19. Get high scores in adventure mini games
20. Complete all mini games (Keg brawl, crab toss, sanctum sprint, southsun survival, belcher’s bluff. Or start up a random costume brawl in a populated area)
21. Complete all current event achievements
22. Get a full set of ascended trinkets and rings
23. Get and unlock your full mastery track (Currently the max is 170)
24. Map out and go on a massive gathering tour (This is a great way to make money)
25. Complete all jumping puzzles
26. Play gw1 for all of the hall of monument titles, weapons, mini pets, and armor for your gw2 characters.
27. Learn to speed run dungeons and fractals either solo or with a friend and time yourselves to get a better time. (There is a speed running community in this game)
28. World vs world pvp and help your server win more points
29. Map complete all world vs world maps
30. Achievement hunt in world vs world
31. Try your best to get to legendary rank in spvp
32. Craft legendary spvp wings
33. Achievement hunt in spvp
34. Unlock and finish every reward track in spvp
35. Unlock and finish every reward track in World vs World
36. Get every class to lvl 80
37. Complete all collection ascended quests
38. Open up your own private spvp arena and challenge people to 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3s
39. World boss train (Defeat every world boss in the game)
40. Complete dailies
41. Role play

Those are 41 different things I can think of. Might be more, but yeah lots to do, but only if you want to do them. Personally I think thats alot of content to aim for as a new or semi new player.

(edited by Dragon.8762)

Posted by: slashlizardy.9167

slashlizardy.9167

I haven’t had to craft since i finished scribing in February. hopefully this website is still up-to-date. http://gw2crafts.net/. But I would advise you to join a big casual guild that likes to help people, as there are lots to do that you might not even think of or know about. Running in a fractal or dungeon with a good casual guild is alot of fun.

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

Depends on what you want to do? Personally I start out by finishing the story (Personal story, Living World Season 2, then HoT which I’m not done yet and then LS3). While doing that you can work on completing the maps you’re in while doing those stories, do events in those areas, earn items and gold towards getting a set of exotics and then towards making Ascended (assuming you already have 500 crafting), work on necessary masteries in HoT maps as the story tells you to, you’ll also gain a lot of Hero Points doing the various maps so you should be able to complete your Elite Specialization, etc.

There’s so much to do and so much you can do simultaneously. I just started out by wanting to catch up on the story and ended up working on a number of other things at the same time. One thing leads to another in this game, it’s almost hard to focus because you get taken in all these different directions. So just do anything and you’ll find your way.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

The important thing is to identify what you enjoy doing.

You can start working towards ascended gear if you like, but you can do perfectly well with exotics, and they’re far less of a commitment. Figure out what build you want for your character(s) , make an exotic set, and then you can figure out ascended gear later on as a long-term goal. If you really, really want top-tier equipment, you can, of course, prioritize this higher, but exotics are seriously fine.

If you enjoy the story, you can obviously finish up Heart of Thorn’s story, and do the new Living World Season 3 story. If you don’t already have it, you can get the Season 2 storyline from the gem store, if you want more story sequences.

If you want to farm, the Heart of Thorns maps are good, as is the new map introduced in LS3 (and you can level masteries, too.) If you want to farm in Central Tyria (raising those masteries,) Silverwastes is a fun map to hang out in. If you’re leveling masteries, but running low on mastery points to unlock them with, look up achievements with mastery points (marked with a red or green star) and go after them. Look them up on the official wiki, or on Dulfy if you need more help.

If you haven’t tried dungeons, I recommend checking out them out. Either pick one that interests you, or work your way through them in order. Doing them will expose you to some high-level tactics, and you might enjoy them, or move on to Fractals of the Mists, which are like mini-dungeons that scale up to very high difficulty/rewards. Just be sure to find a group that plays at the same pace as you do. Some people like to play ULTRA EFFICIENTLY, and that’s fine, but they can get cranky if you slow them down, so finding the right group makes a difference.

If you just like to explore the world, go for 100% World Completion with a character or look up jumping puzzles and dive spots.

There are many other things to do, but hopefully that gives you some ideas.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Unless you’ve taken a long break, you’ve probably encountered quite a few different things to do in the last year and a half whilst playing. Choose one (or two or three) that appeal to you, and pursue them. The Wiki can help guide you.

Good luck.

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Make a legendary

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Explore all of Tyria, do dungeons, do raids, do fractals, do map meta-events, do world-boss events, level your crafting, craft something difficult (ascended, legendary, or whatever – see other people’s comments on how to do this if you’re still confused), fulfill collections, do jumping puzzles, go diving, do WvW, do PvP, start a guild, mentor new players in guilds, experiment with new builds, gather dyes, gather outfits, do other things that give AP…

…there’s likely a lot more that I haven’t thought of, but that should give you a few possibilities.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I find the best way to think about it is that at level 80 the game becomes more like a free-roaming sandbox game – it’s not about linear progression any more, instead there’s a lot of things you can do and it’s entirely up to you to decide which ones you want to do.

You only need to worry about character progression (like getting ascended gear) if you want to, and even then it’s best to do it alongside other things because it’s going to take a lot of time and/or money and can get extremely frustrating if that’s the only thing you’re focused on.

More importantly what activities do you want to do? Anything you’ve not done yet that you’d like to try? Anything you have tried that you want to do more of but put off because you weren’t the right level?

(When I first got a character to level 80 I explored Southsun, just because I felt like it, trekked down to Orr to buy a full set of exotics from the temples, then started on the living story and finished my personal story. But that was just my choice, you could do something completely different.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”