So I've reached 93% World Complete and...

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Mayam.8976

Mayam.8976

… can’t for the LIFE of me figure out what I’m missing now. I’ve compared my map to one I found on line and everything seems to check out there. I know I have at least a dozen or two POI’s, Vista’s, etc. to be unloked in some WvW maps but aside from that I can’t find or think of anywhere else I could be coming up short.

There are two possibilities gnawing at me though. One, I haven’t finished the story mode of all of the dungeons nor have I explored all the wings of those I have done. Second, I’ve only done a few jumping puzzles. I’m just not a fan. Actually, and this is in no way kittening about any aspect of game design but I find that jumping obstacles in general are FAR easier with my Sylvari or Asuran alts as opposed to my Charr main. Being that my Charr is favorite though I’m pretty much facing any new content with him and jumping puzzles aren’t our friend.

Given all that, would any of you here maybe have any hints or tips about what I may be missing / forgetting toward that final 7%?

Much Appreciated andThank You in advance.

Posted by: xerca.6135

xerca.6135

Dungeons do not count, so it could be the WvW ones and a few from the Story Mode. Chantry of Secrets is usually in the mix too when some poi is missing.

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

it might be helpful if you provided the xx/301 hearts, xx/507 WPs, xx/717 PoIs. etc for people to see. that will give a better idea in terms of what might be missing. : ))

Just to clarify, here are the things that do count towards 100% map completion:

• WvW (no hearts and WPs are automatic)
  • all explorable maps (no hearts in Orr)
  • all 5 home cities (no hearts or SP)
  • Chantry of Secrets – Whispers headquarters

Things that do NOT count towards 100% map:

• dungeons
  • PvP areas / Heart of the Mists
  • Explorer titles / discovering areas
  • jumping puzzles
  • new area – Southsun Cove

hmm… ran this off top my head, so pls pls do correct me if i am wrong! and i will edit :pp haha at work now and waiting to get off to go home.

though from the percentage, it seems you’re missing almost a full map or even more from my experience.. again, having the exact numbers of whats missing from each category would shed more light on your dilemma. ; )))

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Are there any PvE maps you have not yet reached map completion in? I thought WvW only gave you 5%…

Polka will never die

Posted by: AppEater.4958

AppEater.4958

As well as posting the actual amount of your findings, it can also be helpfull if you check your Explorer tab Achievements. I would re-check the areas you have most missing in.
Completing all eplorations does not give you Word Completion, but it can maybe be used as an indication as to what you are missing.

What I had to do, was go from map to map checking each zone individually by hitting M and seeing what was completed in that zone. Finally I found a POI in Black Citadel and somewhere else out in the world.

Posted by: cani.6821

cani.6821

I have a warrior completed on lvl 80, who has finished all PvE content and I have exactly 93% now lacking only WvW, so my guess it those four maps are what you need just like mine.

Posted by: Hycinthus.6483

Hycinthus.6483

it might be helpful if you provided the xx/301 hearts, xx/507 WPs, xx/717 PoIs. etc for people to see. that will give a better idea in terms of what might be missing. : ))

Just to clarify, here are the things that do count towards 100% map completion:

• WvW (no hearts and WPs are automatic)
  • all explorable maps (no hearts in Orr)
  • all 5 home cities (no hearts or SP)
  • Chantry of Secrets – Whispers headquarters

• dungeons
  • jumping puzzles

hmm… ran this off top my head, so pls pls do correct me if i am wrong! and i will edit :pp haha at work now and waiting to get off to go home.

though from the percentage, it seems you’re missing almost a full map or even more from my experience.. again, having the exact numbers of whats missing from each category would shed more light on your dilemma. ; )))

What about story mode?

Posted by: Hurrakan.4259

Hurrakan.4259

Actually I think that Explorer titles / discovering areas DO count. You need to uncover all of the locations written on the maps , which includes some hidden jumping puzzles.

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

As far as I’m aware explorer titles don’t count towards 100% world completion, they only count toward the regional explorer achievements. I have seen posts from people who have received their rewards for 100% completion but have still got explorer areas outstanding.

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

As far as I’m aware explorer titles don’t count towards 100% world completion, they only count toward the regional explorer achievements. I have seen posts from people who have received their rewards for 100% completion but have still got explorer areas outstanding.

I can confirm this – also still working on my explorer titles, but have received my gift of exploration(s) for 100% world completion.

Polka will never die

Posted by: LithePanther.5027

LithePanther.5027

WvW is 8% of the 100% map completion. It’s definitely WvW

80 Guardian. 80 Warrior. 80 Thief. 80 Engineer. 80 Necromancer. 80 Ranger.

Posted by: Dagle.7295

Dagle.7295

• dungeons
  • jumping puzzles

I was at 100% World completion (“Been There, Done That” title & star), but not all areas were complete on the exploration achievement tab. You are correct in that jumping puzzles don’t count as “point of interest” toward zone completion, but be aware that many of them DO factor in to the achievement for full exploration of each area. It drove me crazy for days when I was only missing 2 areas and couldn’t find them. I’d go to an area on the map that could have been slightly blurred just to check it out, but it wasn’t correct. Finally, I had to look up the most commonly missed areas, and many were jumping puzzles.

Agree with the others that it’s most likely the WvW exploration that’s got you only at 93%. Once you do that – and it can take awhile if your server isn’t adept at dominating certain maps – then take inventory of what you’re missing.

(edited by Dagle.7295)

Posted by: Hycinthus.6483

Hycinthus.6483

• dungeons
  • jumping puzzles

I was at 100% World completion (“Been There, Done That” title & star), but not all areas were complete on the exploration achievement tab. You are correct in that jumping puzzles don’t count as “point of interest” toward zone completion, but be aware that many of them DO factor in to the achievement for full exploration of each area. It drove me crazy for days when I was only missing 2 areas and couldn’t find them. I’d go to an area on the map that could have been slightly blurred just to check it out, but it wasn’t correct. Finally, I had to look up the most commonly missed areas, and many were jumping puzzles.

Agree with the others that it’s most likely the WvW exploration that’s got you only at 93%. Once you do that – and it can take awhile if your server isn’t adept at dominating certain maps – then take inventory of what you’re missing.

Let me ask you this though. Those 2 jumping puzzle areas you mentioned that you missed = Is your map already showing 100%? Or was it still 99% and you just couldn’t find it?

I think many people are confused because they are at 100% completion everywhere, so they assumed it cannot be because they missed jumping puzzle area.

Posted by: biggs.4702

biggs.4702

Sounds to me like it’s WvW maps you need. The reason I say that is because I found myself in the same place with the same percentage of completion. I did WvW maps and got my 100% last night. If you’re impatient, you can transfer to another server which is dominating the WvW maps for a much easier and faster time completing them. Do your research and choose carefully though, as you cannot transfer again for another 7 days.

The obstacle is the path.

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

it definitely helps if your server is winning by a landslide for WvW. i thought that was going to be the hardest bit, bu ti got extremely lucky. seems like it’s just WvW for you then. have you since checked how much from each map you’re missing?

again, to clarify, as far as my understanding is.. 100% map completion is independent from the Explorer Titles. i will be able to field test this as i am sitting at 99% for map completion, and have a few areas here and there missing from exploration.. i do plan to get these done as well, which i fear will be slightly tough, just because you don’t have counts such as the hearts or waypoints, etc for 100% map completion.

@Hycinthus – if you mean story mode dungeons, i believe they don’t count either. i have only done 2 story mode dungeons and am nearing 100% map completion. i’ve counted the PoI and Skillppints i’m missing on Malchor’s Leap map and they match up with the total number of thingys i’m missing. : ))

and if you meant your personal story, i remember reading a thread stating that there would be no points that required you to complete your personal story to achieve and can do it through regular play and exploration.

hope OP gets this soon!D

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

again, to clarify, as far as my understanding is.. 100% map completion is independent from the Explorer Titles. i will be able to field test this as i am sitting at 99% for map completion, and have a few areas here and there missing from exploration.. i do plan to get these done as well, which i fear will be slightly tough, just because you don’t have counts such as the hearts or waypoints, etc for 100% map completion.

@Hycinthus – if you mean story mode dungeons, i believe they don’t count either. i have only done 2 story mode dungeons and am nearing 100% map completion. i’ve counted the PoI and Skillppints i’m missing on Malchor’s Leap map and they match up with the total number of thingys i’m missing. : ))

Dungeon waypoints and such do not count since they reset on every instance. The only items that count towards map completion are vistas, waypoints, skill points, hearts, and poi’s. Whether you’ve found every area is irrelevant. I’ve hit 100% completion 3 times and there are still areas that I need to discover.

Posted by: AppEater.4958

AppEater.4958

Actually I think that Explorer titles / discovering areas DO count. You need to uncover all of the locations written on the maps , which includes some hidden jumping puzzles.

The xx/XX of Krytan, Orr, Maguma, Shiverpeak and Ascalon does not count. ONLY POI, vista, waypoint, skillpoint and hearts do. I was missing somewhere around 9-11 areas according to that list, but I got all the things collected and got world completion.
Now I am only missing three places according to that list. As far as I know it is a jumping puzzle, and two “mini dungeons”.