So When does End-Game Start?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

Hi everyone! It’s my first post here on the forums, and I’d like to address the problem of the lack of “end-game” content in Guild Wars 2!

I’ve played a good few MMOs in my time, including Ragnarok Online, Runescape, Rift, Aion and of course The King: World of Warcraft. One thing I noticed about Guild Wars 2 is that there doesn’t appear to be any “end-game” content, and this is somewhat of a disappointment to me. Being a diehard MMO player, I’ve come to expect there to be a reward for all the hard work I put into grinding my way to max level, but in GW2 this doesn’t seem to be the case. Allow me to define “end-game” content:

Gear Progression: I like to constantly be on the hunt for gear, allowing me to progress through “end-game” dungeons in a linear fashion based purely upon my stats.

40 man raids: I enjoy waiting for 2 hours while my guild assembles so that we can all wipe together while someone 1/3 my age screams about “dots”.

PvP: Something I particularly liked about Warcraft was rolling into the Arena and getting spanked by Rogues using War Glaives, I felt that the hard work they put into PvE should directly translate to them kicking my backside in PvP, even though they appeared to be incapable of avoiding any of my combos.

World Bosses: A friend of mine played Final Fantasy, and it was exciting to watch several guilds vie over the right to fight a world boss (with a random spawn of +- 6 hours!) instead of all getting a reward for working co-operatively. Competition is good and healthy!

Flying Mounts: Mounts that move just shy of the speed of sound might completely destroy the concept of a front line in world PvP, but they undeniably allow you to skip over content that you’ve already completed and have no interest in taking part in on your way to farm 100 Glowing Quintescences in the Crystal Fields of Elite Dragonkin Without Loot Tables.

I think my biggest issue with GW2 is that there seems to be a lot of “end-game” content present right from the get go, but without any of the advantages I listed above. I, and apparently many other MMO players on these forums, would prefer it if it could be moved to level 80 so we’d have a reason to get there quickly to enjoy it.

Sincerely,

Vicky Spanish [Legolass, level 85 WoW hunter].

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

Troll post, never mind :p
Well played, you caught me.

(edited by Rika.7249)

Posted by: ecwoodrow.7034

ecwoodrow.7034

lol, good post. I salute you sir.

Atsug Em – [RvR] – lvl 80 Engineer – IoJ
Tryggon Gathol – [RvR] – lvl 80 Warrior – IoJ
Sechnal – [RvR] – lvl 80 Ranger – IoJ

Posted by: ituhata.6830

ituhata.6830

Well played, sir. Well played.

Caelthras – Fort Aspenwood
3rd Flora Artillery Unit

Posted by: CC Dalmarus.8397

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Thanks for the laugh, nosleepdemon, but for now, this thread needs to be closed since this subforum is for Players Helping Players rather than feedback or suggestions. More forums will be opened in the future though so keep the content of this thread handy for its triumphant return!

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation! =)