So i've been holding on to some items...

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Veprovina.4876

Veprovina.4876

…and i don’t know what to do with them. Should i save them for later? Can i still do something with them?

They are from the living story parts that are no longer actual. Or maybe some are. Idk…

So i have:

Mystical cogs,
Toy soldier frame,
Baubles,
Bauble bubbles,
Princess Mya’s wig,
Queen’s gauntlet entrance tickets,
and maybe one or two more items that might be from the story mode, idk…

Do i need to save them, can i still use them for anything or do i just destroy them
Also, if i should destroy the, why are they not destroyed when the event ended? Maybe they’ll be needed again?

The baubles are from that 8 bit dungeon thing, and idk if that’s still active, i’ll have to go to Rata Sum and check it out (yeah, lazy).
But i don’t know about the other stuff either…

Ravos Xar, Ash Legion Charr Mesmer

Posted by: Kingteranas.1376

Kingteranas.1376

Super Adventure Box is gonna be an annual thing it seems so those baubles might be useful. Queens Gauntlet tickets looked useless to me, even if they bring it back it’s still taking up bag space.

Kingteranas – 80 Guardian
Queen Of Macabre – 80 Thief
Dragonbrand [Ankh]

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

Wintersday stuff (the cogs and soldier frame) will probably be coming back, but they’re only useful for making a tonic or mini, if you don’t care for those. The baubles are needed later, but if you’re not into that particular LS (I’m not a fan of the SAB), then you don’t need those. Miya’s wig and all the like are just used for making a mini. Queen’s gauntlet tickets will be coming back, you’ll probably get more when the time comes.

Veprovina.4876

Ok i know about the cogs, so if they’re coming back i’m saving them. After all, Winter is coming. :P

Baubles too, if i can use them, why not, i like the 8 bit dungeon. The boss was a bit too hard, but oh well…

Now idk about the tickets… I didn’t seem to have any problems getting them and i had no ide what they’re for so meh. :P

Thank you for your replies!

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

The tickets were for entry into a ‘boss mode’ type minigame. Basically you progress through a tournament of different bosses and mechanics, so if that’s your type of thing, i’d save them. It seems like you get a lot of tickets, but if you make it far, you’regonna want all the tickets you can get (only got up to the third one i think :/)

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I’m saving my tickets in case the drop rate is nerfed on them when the gauntlet returns.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Veprovina.4876

Well, i decided to save baubles and cogs/toy frame.
I’m still not sure about the mya’s wig, but i destroyed the tickets because i got like, 7 of them, and it’s not worth keeping them around for such a small amout.

I have 350 cogs and close to that number of baubles so i’ll keep them, but others, meh….

It’s good to know those events are going to be repeated each season. They’re always fun to participate in.

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

Wig is 2 copper in the trading post

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

As I recall Mya’s wig was dropping like crazy during SAB and was worth almost nothing on the TP. I don’t see much reason to hold on to it.

(just looked on TP and they are selling for 2 copper)

The Burninator

Veprovina.4876

Yeah, it does seem pretty common. Maybe i’ll get rid of that too. No point in selling it on TP since no one’s buying it.

Then again. This time it was common so maybe next time it’ll be a rare drop. :P

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Keep Baubles
Keep wintersday stuff till wintersday. This Halloween was the first repeated seasonal content. Many recipes where changed. It might be that those items will not be used anymore, but it might also be that they will 10 times as valuable.

Gauntlettickets. They where easy to get and I have no reason to suspect that itz will be different if the gauntlet every returns. So destroy those.

Mia’s wig. Trash it (not even worth selling on the TP imo).

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

SAB and holiday stuff you always want to keep . Everything else I’d question .

Veprovina.4876

Mia’s wig. Trash it (not even worth selling on the TP imo).

Well i could sell it for 1 copper, but no one’s buying it. :P

But yeah… You’re right. No sense in holding that.
Baubles, cogs and a mini mold. I’ll hold on to those. I already trashed the tickets, and i’ll trash the wig.