So where is this Gem Store?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: woofdang.6397

woofdang.6397

SO I’m curious after looking around on GW2 site where this Gem store is? I can’t find any info about how to acquire gems and assumed it was some sort of payshop. Is it in game?
I’m a new player.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

It is the same interface as the trading post in game. Click the gem icon at the top. You can press the “o” key to access it anywhere.

The Burninator

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Press “O” in game. Or click on the lion in the top left row of icons.

woofdang.6397

Ohhh ok thanks! I see now. Just takes awhile to load and then you have to actually pretend to buy something before it opens an interface for you to buy GEMS. So it is a cash shop only ingame interface. I got it now.

Hehe 800 gems for 10.00 USD. Hehe yeah not gonna happen. Aion already suckered me out of money trying their cash shop and $200 bucks later I don’t feel it improved my gaming there, this why I’m in GW2. Too expensive, do they think we are in Korea and rich like other Koreans? I assume they are rich because wow this is expensive. Common, a kid was just shot and killed across my street last nite and with all the health care costs and prices so high and such here in America I’m lucky to afford getting a tooth cavity fixed so dropping 10 bucks for 800 gems which only buys a cosmetic costume for one character is not gonna happen. I suggest 10 bucks gets you around 3500 gems.

(edited by woofdang.6397)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You can also buy them with in game gold. 800gems is around 55g right now. You also get 400gems at every 5000 achievement points.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If you’re hoping to buy the best equipment with real money then you’re going to be very disappointed with this game. It’s not going to happen and IMO it’s a much better game for that.

Cash shops should be for cosmetic items and minor convenience items at most. (Ideally they shouldn’t exist but that seems to be a lost cause at this point.) Pay to win makes for horrible games.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

woofdang.6397

That’s great you can earn gems in game.

I also think you should be able to get more out of cash shops than just cosmetic but agree it should not give you an advantage over other players in pvp. But in pve I think it should or do something.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Allmost gemstore items are either
a: for looks (e.g. a skin you put over your existing armor)
b: a convenience (eg more room in your bank)

There are some things that makes you a better player (e.g. an armor booster), but these also drop from daily’s and from black lion chests (the keys to open these can be bought but also be rewarded ingame).

So no gems are needed to be awesome in this game, and if you feel the need to have some gems for convenience or looks you can always buy them with gold you farmed.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Hehe 800 gems for 10.00 USD. Hehe yeah not gonna happen

Yes it will

Eventually you’ll see something where you think ’I’ve just GOT to have that!’ but you won’t want to waste gold on it.

My first purchase was a ‘cow finisher’ for WvW – it still makes me smile.
I can see I’m probably going to buy more character slots sometime.

So, yes, it’ll happen.

(edited by Contiguous.1345)