Solo Play - First Two Hours of Gaming

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Syfaea.2386

Syfaea.2386

So far, I’ve been playing alone I’m at the part where I save Quinn from the bandits that stole the poison. When do I start playing with people in party quests and what not.

The game overall seems catchy, but I don’t really see anyone else except me and NPCs. So I was just wondering when do I start seeing people roaming around with me.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

You will see more when you level more and get to the big events.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

At this point in the game, lots of players are spread out over all of the zones, and aren’t super concentrated in one place (except southsun cove for the event!). When you’re doing your personal story, it is personal unless you invite other people to join you. The game doesn’t force you to play with others unless you want to do dungeons and other party-based content down the road (like at the very very end of your story to make it feel bigger than just you).

If you want people to run around with, ask people!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: AesirValkyr.7418

AesirValkyr.7418

They just kicked off an event in a high level zone, everyone has dropped their alts and is out doing that. Last month’s event took place in low level zones and there were people everywhere.

If you are looking for a group, PM me and I’ll see if I round up some guildies and come over.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Sounds like you are in your personal story instance. The only time you would see other players there is if you invited them to join in with you.

Leave the instance, run out the front gate of Divinity’s Reach into the open world zone of Queensdale.

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

Personal story quests are instanced and you need to party up with someone to bring them in. Events in the open world have replaced quests in this game and you need to explore the map to find them. The heart icons are like quests in that there is an NPC that tells you he needs something done, but act more as a signpost that have events in the area related to completing that heart. Scouts are NPCs with a telescope icon on the map and they will point out nearby hearts for you, but don’t rely on running from heart to heart as a way to level. Exploration to find events are the main source.

(edited by kokocabana.8153)

Fernling.1729

They just kicked off an event in a high level zone, everyone has dropped their alts and is out doing that. Last month’s event took place in low level zones and there were people everywhere.

If you are looking for a group, PM me and I’ll see if I round up some guildies and come over.

Speaking of this event in the shores, it actually upscales your level. I would suggest porting there from LA.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Speaking of this event in the shores, it actually upscales your level. I would suggest porting there from LA.

Don’t send a new person to his death!

Fernling.1729

Haha, as long as he hangs around others he should be fine.

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

If he’s looking for group content, that’s the best place to go. Southsun Cove is not that solo friendly.

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

Guild Wars 2 doesn’t have a linear leveling path, so that’s why you don’t see a lot of players around you. The story is also very much single player, so you don’t really need other players at any point. And when it comes to cities, most players hang out in Lion’s Arch. If you want to play with other players, then you need to talk to people, join a guild, and make friends.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

as being said, gw2 is actually a very good low level friendly game. This has to do with the fact that low leveling area’s are still challenging for high level characters and the good stuff doesnt only happen at max level.

Having said that, they recently openend new content and like you might suspect msot people are checking it out. This area (southsun cove) might prove challenging, but you will be buffed up to level 80. My advise is to go to lion’s arch, and ask in mapchat for a guild that wants to help you. you prolly get several reply’s explain to each of them what you are missing and looking for and your judgement prolly find the perfect guild for you

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

You may see more players if a Dynamic Event springs up near by but a lot of this game is teaming by flash mob.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

You may see more players if a Dynamic Event springs up near by but a lot of this game is teaming by flash mob.

This is true. It sounds like the OP is playing a human and may be low level. To the OP if you go out into Queesndale there are many events that are usually considered group events. If you have map chat on you will often see people call out event’s in chat and what waypoint to take. For example “Troll up <such and such waypoint>” This typically means a champion mob has spawned and people group up so to speak to attack it in mass. I enjoy these myself and often end up in a conversation with someone that was there as well.

Also when roaming if you see a big read circle on the map these are events that usually many people will flock to.

The Burninator

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

This is true. It sounds like the OP is playing a human and may be low level. To the OP if you go out into Queesndale there are many events that are usually considered group events. If you have map chat on you will often see people call out event’s in chat and what waypoint to take. For example “Troll up <such and such waypoint>” This typically means a champion mob has spawned and people group up so to speak to attack it in mass. I enjoy these myself and often end up in a conversation with someone that was there as well.

Also when roaming if you see a big read circle on the map these are events that usually many people will flock to.

Larry is up at [Vale Waypoint]

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

You can also mention in /m chat that you have an event nearby. People will often run there to do it.

JustTrogdor.7892

:D Unfortunately I have seen a few people try to troll by saying for example “Troll Up” when it really isn’t in an attempt to get people to waste their time and a few coins to get there. Maybe they are trying to say they are the troll that is up

The Burninator

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

:D Unfortunately I have seen a few people try to troll by saying for example “Troll Up” when it really isn’t in an attempt to get people to waste their time and a few coins to get there. Maybe they are trying to say they are the troll that is up

I also noted that people are claiming this while the troll is actually up, He can be kited as far as I know to the other site of the map, and often the whole event has been kited out of his cave, onto the filed, all the way to the farm. So make sure you look around when he isnt in his cave.

Ow and don’t kite the troll out of the cave. He is slow enough to make corners and the cave is big enough to kite in there while you wait for the zerg of players to help you

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

JustTrogdor.7892

I also noted that people are claiming this while the troll is actually up, He can be kited as far as I know to the other site of the map, and often the whole event has been kited out of his cave, onto the filed, all the way to the farm. So make sure you look around when he isnt in his cave.

Ow and don’t kite the troll out of the cave. He is slow enough to make corners and the cave is big enough to kite in there while you wait for the zerg of players to help you

Oh I’ve made sure in many instances when someone falsely called out an event. I used the example of the troll because of my reference to someone trying to troll by making false calls. It happens on occasion with many other events.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)