Solo build for mesmer

Solo build for mesmer

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Hey, can someone help me. I tried qtfy and metabattle, but i cant find a build thats good for solo play. All offered builds are for fractals and raids, or pvp, meaing they rely on synergy with a party, mostly warriors for their buffs.
Does anyone have a good build for open world pve for a mesmer? For when you roam alone, or do story

Solo build for mesmer

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

For you, I’d recommend any/all of the builds there. You’re an experienced veteran, so the qtfy & metabattle builds will work for open world solo, too, with minor adjustments depending on the content.

(I’m assuming you’re not asking for a build to solo fractals or the harder open world champs, since those are outside-the-meta niche builds. If you want that, I’d look for theory crafting on Reddit and/or in the mesmer forum. There are some really good mesmers who post in both.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Solo build for mesmer

Posted by: Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

I’m still rocking the soldier’s gear from the instant 80 on my Chrono. All Soldier’s armor with Superior Runes of the Mesmer slotted. Back piece, rings, and Trinkets are all Soldier’s with Exquisite Beryl Jewel’s slotted. Weapons are Soldier’s greatsword with Superior Sigil of Force and Superior Sigil of Accuracy, with Soldier’s sword with Force Sigil and Minstrel’s Horologicus – instant 80 gave a Soldier’s Pistol with Accuracy sigil in it. As for build, I’m running Domination – 1, 1, 2; Inspiration – 3, 2, 1; and Chronomancer – 3, 3, 3.

Spend 95%+ of my time in PvE and while I can die, I’ve also solo’ed a couple of champions with this build. Being able to drop a gravity well, continuum split, and then gravity well again does wonders for that breakbar on champs that aren’t running all over the place.

Honestly, it’s been a while since I looked at my build, so I probably need to double check that I don’t need to adjust it, but this works really well for me for solo roaming everywhere – Central Tyria, HoT, and LWS3.

Solo build for mesmer

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

Generally, WvW roamer builds are good for sturdy solo play. Looks like Metabattle has two top scorers: Condi, and Condi PU. https://metabattle.com/wiki/Mesmer

I would just pop into the PvP lobby and do some testing. I like to look at the standard sites for inspiration, then customize it to my preferences. Then maybe evaluate whether I want to alter my PvE armor stats.

Solo build for mesmer

Posted by: Eros.6801

Eros.6801

For general open world PvE i alway use this build,

This is my personal build and only for solo questing/open world PvE play BUT if you plan on doing dungeon or else where beside open world please do not use this build because you will get kicked

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAR8enknBtfi9fCmpBEgilUji8BugAA96WjtreZn2rF-TBSBQBP4CAEhDCQCV/BAPBgMq87f7PkPdDmUJIpAKXkF-e

This build offer you very high personal critital chance and HP and also because reflection on mesmer scale with precision.

- Replace Domination with Inspiration and use focus if you need more reflect
- Replace Blink with any skill you like depend on what situation you are in
- I did countless HP solo run and champ with this build
- You can freely use shatter without fearing phantasm/clones on cd.
- With the very same set/stat and abit of adjusment to the build/runes/sigils and your mesmer can also do a great job in WvW roaming.

Solo build for mesmer

Amaimon.7823

Thanks a bunch, people.

Solo build for mesmer

Posted by: Kiza.5630

Kiza.5630

I’m using this one for… like forever, base class. Open world, solo dungeons, goofy stuff. Inspiration, Domination, Chaos: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsdRnsICFohlpBuqBMrhFVDiMAjo4nPZJHxcGV7nA-TxRBABP8IAuS5Hlq/E4+D4pPAgzAgZKBBA-e

I play either solo or comm on a HoT map. So build should be at least somewhat sturdy or ppl will have to pick me up from the floor too often.

- all signets remove conditions and activate distortion (also on allies)
- all shatters remove conditions
- all shatters grant boons from bountiful disillusionment and stability
- auto regeneration (+ protection) from chaos and f4 shatter activates regen, too
- armor is all berserker and traveler runes (I hate being slow). But pick any other rune set you like
- pick staff as second for even more survivability. though I recently swapped it for GS because frankly the staff does very low damage with this build/armor stats.

This is what I use. It’s not the highest dps build in the world. But everything dies in a reasonable amount of time and you survive almost any encounter without using defensive gear.

Champs will still one-shot you if you don’t dodge or block unless protection triggers.

Solo build for mesmer

Amaimon.7823

For general open world PvE i alway use this build,

This is my personal build and only for solo questing/open world PvE play BUT if you plan on doing dungeon or else where beside open world please do not use this build because you will get kicked

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAR8enknBtfi9fCmpBEgilUji8BugAA96WjtreZn2rF-TBSBQBP4CAEhDCQCV/BAPBgMq87f7PkPdDmUJIpAKXkF-e

This build offer you very high personal critital chance and HP and also because reflection on mesmer scale with precision.

- Replace Domination with Inspiration and use focus if you need more reflect
- Replace Blink with any skill you like depend on what situation you are in
- I did countless HP solo run and champ with this build
- You can freely use shatter without fearing phantasm/clones on cd.
- With the very same set/stat and abit of adjusment to the build/runes/sigils and your mesmer can also do a great job in WvW roaming.

hm.. when I follow the link I get an empty template.. dunno what’s wrong,
but can you name the skills you use?

Solo build for mesmer

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The API might have been down when you checked, Amimon. It’s back up, but to save you trouble…

• GS + Sword/Shield
  • Ether Feast, WoC, WoR, Blink, WoG
  • Marauder all around, Force/Air + Force/Fire + Superior Chrono runes
  • Dom: bottom bottom top
  • Ill: m m m
  • Chrono: b m b

I think you could run the same thing with zerker instead of marauder, based on my guess as to your personal skill level (from reading your posts) — squishier but faster kills. Leadership runes, if you wanted to be raid-ready. Chrono is fine, esp with the three wells; could also swap in scholar’s or other sixth-bonus deeps effects.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Solo build for mesmer

Amaimon.7823

The API might have been down when you checked, Amimon. It’s back up, but to save you trouble…

• GS + Sword/Shield
  • Ether Feast, WoC, WoR, Blink, WoG
  • Marauder all around, Force/Air + Force/Fire + Superior Chrono runes
  • Dom: bottom bottom top
  • Ill: m m m
  • Chrono: b m b

I think you could run the same thing with zerker instead of marauder, based on my guess as to your personal skill level (from reading your posts) — squishier but faster kills. Leadership runes, if you wanted to be raid-ready. Chrono is fine, esp with the three wells; could also swap in scholar’s or other sixth-bonus deeps effects.

Thanks a bunch, ill try it out. Im experienced on other classes so i might handle berserker well, giving dodging and blocking works normally, otherwise i can always swap to more defensive skills