Soulbound items equippable post-re-create?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Kate Soulguard.7132

Kate Soulguard.7132

Hi,

I have one primary question:

If an item is soulbound, and you delete and re-create the character to which the item is bound, will the soulbound item be equippable by that new character?

I am a roleplayer and normally stick to one character. I also normally stick to one character name.

I have decided that my character’s personality is more nornlike than human. There are also some gameplay characteristics of human characters that annoy me.

I am trying to weigh the pros and cons of deleting and re-creating this character.

I will gain:
The race that I prefer
The gameplay characteristics I prefer
The character name I continue to prefer

I will lose:
Priory Armor (Soulbound)
Mystic Claymore (Soulbound)
A nice staff (Soulbound)
220,000 Karma (I can live with that, as I’ve been saving karma jugs for a rainy day)
…I’m not sure what else I will lose. Anything that’s soulbound, basically?

Anyway this is a fairly heavy price to pay, so I’m trying to be really careful before deciding. It all kinda hinges on the question above. My first thought was to suggest Reincarnation: A character retains its name, returns to level 1, returns to the character creation screen including race, the character name is pre-filled, and inventory is not touched. This would allow the character to keep the stuff I just mentioned. Realizing that there are some technical issues with making this work, I had to move on.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’m pretty sure that you will not be able to use that item ever otherwise the whole soulbound system could be undermined by simply deleting a toon.

Posted by: PCanineBrigade.4916

PCanineBrigade.4916

It won’t be equipable by your new character.
I understand about the roleplaying part. If your main thing to do in the game is roleplaying, go for it. Otherwise, you could always say that your human was raised by a Norn family.

Posted by: LithePanther.5027

LithePanther.5027

Use the transmutation stone trick, which will allow you to keep the skins but not the stats of your gear.

80 Guardian. 80 Warrior. 80 Thief. 80 Engineer. 80 Necromancer. 80 Ranger.