Spectral glider black flame

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: SkullProX.7083

SkullProX.7083

So if you combine 2 shadow abyss for the new spectral glider you get some light grey- white-greyish colour… first of all… WHY?
And is there any other way to get black flames? By black I mean pitch, shadow abyss black? -Since shadow abyss itself gives you almost white flames… does celestial dye give you black ones?-.-

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The Spectral Glider seems to have a rather unique dye setup. Rather than just making it whatever color you choose, it seems more like it has a very, very white “base” and then whatever dyes you choose to add to it get mixed in to that white base. Sort of like mixing paint.

So no, there’s no way to get black flames. The base white is so bright that it washes out pretty much every color, black included. Even choosing the darkest shades of other colors ends up with just a mid-shade rather than the color you choose. You can either get pastels or bright colors with the Spectral Glider, few darker hues will show through.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Yea, I reported it as a bug kinda hoping it was, or otherwise start a discussion. Had a small hope since the eyes got fixed I hoped the glider palette could also be fixed.. no dev has responded to is so far

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

The chaos gloves work the same way. It’s nothing new really.

Seriously though…black fire? too edgelord for me.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Amaimon.7823

The chaos gloves work the same way. It’s nothing new really.

Seriously though…black fire? too edgelord for me.

Serously though… whitish fire? too Sancti Kyrie for me.

Problem is, you can’t even make it look like normal fire. Darkest red dye I have makes it a pinkish-orange. Torches, beacons etc all have redder flames than that. is if a BLAZING glider can’t even look like normal fire, I’d consider it a design flaw

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I have one of my gliders dyed to a flame-red. Try using some Red Dyes you wouldn’t think would work. =)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I have one dyed with a purple and white combination. The effect reminds me of the Margonite colors in Guild Wars 1.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Amaimon.7823

I have one dyed with a purple and white combination. The effect reminds me of the Margonite colors in Guild Wars 1.

There is another glider that is just fire. If we could dye that one we could really make a margonite

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

I tried shadow purple and swampblack for my Necro’s glider… Seemed to turn out cool.

Attachments:

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I don’t have a picture but for my necro I used Shadow Green and got a fairly vivid green Spectral glider.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.