Speed Cap?

Speed Cap?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Reincarnated.1754

Reincarnated.1754

Is there a speed cap?

I have:
Signet of Air = 10%
One with Air = 5% faster every 10 seconds you are attuned to air. maximum 25% bonus movement speed.
Windborne speed = You and allies gain swiftness, while curing crippled, immobilized, and chilled. __ 33% Movement speed.

Now my maths gets that to 68%

BUT

If i use Windborne speed when with allies who have no speed buffs, we all run at the same 33% speed. (It seems)
Even though i have Signet of Air and One with Air which together equal 35%

Can someone explain to an idiot (Me) what the max speed i can run at

Speed Cap?

Posted by: Seth.1079

Seth.1079

Speed buffs don’t stack, it only considers the highest one you have on currently. Aka Swiftness 33% is the fastest.

Speed Cap?

Reincarnated.1754

Ty.
Time to throw away the usless skills.

Speed Cap?

Posted by: Salacious.7358

Salacious.7358

more like time to quit the game and return it for a refund

Speed Cap?

Reincarnated.1754

more like time to quit the game and return it for a refund

It’s getting verry close to that.

I forgot to ask you Seth: Where did you find that information?

Just so that i can go to the same sorce in the future.

Speed Cap?

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Right, quitting a game because movement speed has a cap is the most logical thing to do.

Here’s the info you need.
http://goo.gl/WM1Su

Speed Cap?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Speed buffs don’t stack, it only considers the highest one you have on currently. Aka Swiftness 33% is the fastest.

A stealthed thief with the Fleet Shadow trait is the fastest.

Speed Cap?

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Nope, Engineer gets 100% speed boost from Super Speed, the toolbelt skill of Slick Shoes.

Speed Cap?

Reincarnated.1754

Um, someones tring to get me some more demerits.

Ok, I have had some more toughts on the subject.

Lets see, I’m sure I’m going to get some silly answers ( I do hope the word “silly” is not going to get me a demerit ).

The percent sign (%)

Let’s Google it, Recycle . Oh waht do you know it says look at Wikipedia. (ho dear there come an other demerit)

The percent sign (%) is the symbol used to indicate a percentage (that the preceding number is divided by one hundred).

That reads to me like there should be a figure that the % boost is a % of.

Example: I run at 10 miles/hour i get a boost of 10%, I now run at 11 miles/hour.

so

One of my allies runs slower than me. I have to keep w8ing for my allie to catch up.

Q: I use Windborne speed, do i still run faster than my allie or do we run at the same speed?

Answer to come later

Speed Cap?

Recycle.5493

The percent sign (%) is the symbol used to indicate a percentage (that the preceding number is divided by one hundred).

You should be able to google and find that number in the first search result which is the official GW2 wiki, which is what I posted, which you did not seem to read at all.

Below are normal and in combat speed (unit/second)
Forward, 300, 210
Strafing, 180, 180
Backpedaling, 105, 105

One of my allies runs slower than me. I have to keep w8ing for my allie to catch up.

Yes

Q: I use Windborne speed, do i still run faster than my allie or do we run at the same speed?

No, you will both be boosted to 33% increased movement speed. As wiki and forum posters above have stated, movement buffs do not stack, only the highest will be taken into account.

Speed Cap?

Reincarnated.1754

You should be able to google and find that number in the first search result which is the official GW2 wiki, which is what I posted, which you did not seem to read at all.

Below are normal and in combat speed (unit/second)
Forward, 300, 210
Strafing, 180, 180
Backpedaling, 105, 105

Yes

No, you will both be boosted to 33% increased movement speed. As wiki and forum posters above have stated, movement buffs do not stack, only the highest will be taken into account.

I stand corrected thankyou.

The simple answer to my original question is:
Yes +33%
(all boosts = base speed + % not speed + %)

I have another question:
Please explain Superior Rune of Speed (Rank 6: +7% move speed while using swiftness) on this page: Movement speed
Is it bugged becouse: +% = Base Speed + % and not Speed + %

Please exscuse me on the other question, I was just being pedantic.

(edited by Reincarnated.1754)

Speed Cap?

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Nope, Engineer gets 100% speed boost from Super Speed, the toolbelt skill of Slick Shoes.

Super Speed merely puts you at out of combat swiftness speed, which is double speed in combat. A stealthed theif out of combat with +50% moves faster than an engi.

Speed Cap?

Recycle.5493

Please explain Superior Rune of Speed (Rank 6: +7% move speed while using swiftness)

It is also said on the same page, 2 lines down, in the “Notes” section that “the 6th bonus for the superior rune of speed (+7% movement speed while using swiftness), is currently bugged and does not function.”

As we can see from thief’s trait that speed cap isn’t at 33% only, so if this rune was to work properly, I would guess that it adds 7% right on top of the original 33% applied by swiftness, making it a 40% for whoever has the full set of runes of speed. But as we all know, Anet’s technicians and coders are bad and the number is few, so don’t expect it to be on the priority list of bug fixing.

Speed Cap?

Reincarnated.1754

I do have it now guys, I hope you do realize. (I do love keeping things going).

It’s the way it is worded, it implies +% to your current speed not the speed everyone starts with.

It should not say: speed + 33%
It should say: Set’s speed 33% faster than normal.