Speed boosts

Speed boosts

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Simple question, if you use a speed booster

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Speed_Booster

and any signet that gives you a passive bonus of 25% movement speed for example signet of the hunt.. Will they stack in this case? Or does same rule apply as with other boosts?

Is my movement speed 125% or 135%?

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Speed boosts

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

A character’s movement speed can be increased or decreased in several ways. Both speed buffs and debuffs do not stack; the effect with the greatest value will be used (though some speed effects from traits do stack). For instance, having swiftness and Signet of Air active will make a character move 33% faster, not 58% faster (33% from swiftness and 25% from Signet of Air). The in-combat speed reduction stacks with movement speed debuffs.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

Speed boosts

Treeline.3865

So even the gemstore boosters won’t override it, in other words?

Speed boosts

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

I would assume it would not override this, so if you have swiftness on and the gemstore booster you would still have 33% movement speed not 48%. Im pretty sure this is true but not 100% positive.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

Speed boosts

Treeline.3865

Well. It wasn’t unexpected, it just makes the boosters junk in my bank since speed boosts aren’t hard to come by q: Thanks for the reply.