Speed lvling, where?

Speed lvling, where?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

How I can lvl my characters as fast as possible from lvl 1 to 80?

Speed lvling, where?

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Crafting.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Speed lvling, where?

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Crafting is the easiest, if most expensive, method.

Alternatively it’s doing events.

Currently your best option is to grab some experience boosters, any weapon/build with ample AoE, head to the gauntlet and join the farm train.

Speed lvling, where?

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

I recently started a new character. I made chef and artificer from level 2 to 26 (28?), than joined in on the gauntlet farming. That took about 2 days. 12 gold or so; which is easy to get at the pavilion.

That should get a good headstart for you. GL.

Speed lvling, where?

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

exploration + waste your time in the crown pavilion. doing that to lvl 40 and then crafting is what i do

Speed lvling, where?

Posted by: gosferano.8614

gosferano.8614

Enjoy your ride to level 80, dude. Don’t rush (if it’s your first character)

l80 Asuran Thief – Universal assassin l80 Charr (?!) Necro – Deadly melee ranger
l80 Human Engineer – Expert of explosions l80 Sylvari Mesmer – Phantasmal Assassin

Speed lvling, where?

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

Crafting is slow, I was maxing cooking on my ele and it took me 2-3 hours and I got 19 lvl.
Crown Pavilion is hard, how I’ll damage something with 1 lvl?

The problem is that I have 80 long time ago and 7,1k AP with only 1 character and I want every profession with 80 lvl because then it’s easier in many things like doing arena or puzzles.

(edited by Psychol.5783)

Speed lvling, where?

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

If those 2 ways are too slow/hard for you. I think we can’t help you.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Speed lvling, where?

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Not sure if you know but there’s no advantage to leveling to 80 for arena. In fact, going into the Heart of the Mists (pvp lobby) automatically boosts you to 80 with all the stats/abilities/traits, etc and free access to max runes/sigils/gear.

For fast leveling in the open world hitting up as many dynamic events while doing map completion is fastest. Gather resources as you go for more points. Do not grind mobs, that’s the slowest way.

Speed lvling, where?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

QFT

Not sure why people want to do this as the journey to LVL 80 (at least to me) is much more interesting than LVL 80 itself.

I’ve been told the fastest way to do this outside of crafting is to obtain a semi-permanent speed boost and just travel all zones concentrating on the Hearts. Obviously, you should pick up easy Vistas & Skill Points. Clearing zones will get you some rewards, but you can come back for those and the XP is not nearly as good as the Hearts.

Crafting is slow, I was maxing cooking on my ele and it took me 2-3 hours and I got 19 lvl.

If you buy all the materials listed in an up to date guild up front, crafting is VERY fast.

Cooking is probably the most expensive and worse craft to use for leveling (so your experience was tainted from the start). If you craft via a guide however (and buy materials up front), cooking is no slower than the others.

With sufficient gold, a LVL 80 character can be made in less than 4-8 hours thru pure crafting. However, putting in some savvy buy orders for the materials and having them filled will take a bit of time….if money is no object, pay the seller price and getting the materials is pretty fast as well.

I think you have to get max 4 crafts and get less than halfway through a 5th to reach 80.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Speed lvling, where?

Brother Grimm.5176

If you buy all the materials listed in an up to date guild up front, crafting is VERY fast.

Cooking is probably the most expensive and worse craft to use for leveling (so your experience was tainted from the start). If you craft via a guide however (and buy materials up front), cooking is no slower than the others.

With sufficient gold, a LVL 80 charcter can be made in less than 4 hours thru pure crafting (I think you have to get max 4 crafts and get less than halfway through a 5th to reach 80).

Speed lvling, where?

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

With sufficient gold, a LVL 80 charcter can be made in less than 4 hours thru pure crafting (I think you have to get max 4 crafts and get less than halfway through a 5th to reach 80).

Actually, at least following these guides http://gw2crafts.net/ , cooking seems to be the cheapest one at about 5g, most of the others are between 7 to 8g to level, with the most expensive being armorcrafting (10g) and huntsman and weaponcrafting (almost 15g each). Of course, that is if you buy everything, I leveled my engineer to 400 in leatherworking following the guide (lists it at 8g needed) and I only spend like 50s in some glacial cores becuase I already had all the other materials needed.

And yep, crafting is the fastest way to level, you can do it all in one spot (I recommend Ebonhawke, TP, bank and all crafting stations right next to each other), and maxing each crafting profesion will give you about 10 levels so you could level all the way to 80 by crafting alone.

The Queen’s Pavillion is one way to level up fast. Grab a weapon or skill with spammable ranged AoE attacks (or at least with low cooldown), join the zerg (look for the commander icons) and stay back hitting and tagging as many mobs as you can. As a low level you will die a LOT, but the waypoint is always very close so you can just go back and jump back into the action with little downtime.

WvW can be another source of quick leveling, just hop in and ask if there’s any group doing the karma train (you can also check if there’s a public voice chat for your server and ask there) and if there’s one, follow them around completing events. The guild I’m on does that one night a week (on Yak’s Bend) and it’s not uncommon to see people gaining 6+ levels in one night.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Speed lvling, where?

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

The problem is that I have 80 long time ago and 7,1k AP with only 1 character and I want every profession with 80 lvl because then it’s easier in many things like doing arena or puzzles.

Crafting, slow??

What?

I crafted my warrior to 80, 2 days, i did some other things too and i played with another character, but, it took me 2 days to craft my warrior to 80.

Speed lvling, where?

Brother Grimm.5176

Nice to know, but I was always led to believe that cooking was far more expensive. Appears not.

Cooking does have it’s quirks tho. Some items (not necessarily the ones used in those guides) are not obtainable via the TP and must be purchased from NPCs out in the world via Karma. I never followed guides doing my crafting (but I have looked at them to get a rough idea of the direction needed). There are LOTs of ways to craft cooking up and I usually try to go with items that I may use in the field or items I can make a lot of with my current materials (to use for Daily Achievements when they pop up).

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Speed lvling, where?

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Nice to know, but I was always led to believe that cooking was far more expensive. Appears not.

Cooking does have it’s quirks tho. Some items (not necessarily the ones used in those guides) are not obtainable via the TP and must be purchased from NPCs out in the world via Karma. I never followed guides doing my crafting (but I have looked at them to get a rough idea of the direction needed). There are LOTs of ways to craft cooking up and I usually try to go with items that I may use in the field or items I can make a lot of with my current materials (to use for Daily Achievements when they pop up).

Well, at least in that particular site, there are 3 different guides for cooking depending on whether you have hearts fulfilled or not. If you have all hearts active it’s even cheaper (less than 2g) to level cooking to 400, the more expensive one (5g) I listed is if you don’t have any hearts active.

This page lists the full costs: http://gw2crafts.net/total.html which puts it at about 80g needed to fully level all profesions, but note that you make some (very little, though) of it back by selling the results of your crafts, and that is also if you purchase all materials on the TP, if you’ve been playing for a while you might already have lots of them.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

(edited by locoman.1974)