Spider Queen blues.

Spider Queen blues.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Joote.4081

Joote.4081

Is the spider queen champion boss bugged, or unwinnable? I ask because of the many times have I joined up with a group trying to kill this boss always to find you can’t seem to reduce her health and she effectively one-shots you with the cocoon.
The group always gives up and moves on.

Spider Queen blues.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Which spider queen? There’s….. 4? I think?

Spider Queen blues.

Joote.4081

I have only come across two atm, one I am sure of is in the Kessex hills the other I’m not sure of. The result from both engagements were the same. It’s the big black mother with red paint on it’s back.

Spider Queen blues.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

When I did her last she wasent bugged, stay ranged and break people she web out of cocoons she heals if she eat those players if I remember right

Spider Queen blues.

Posted by: ShortnCurly.9018

ShortnCurly.9018

Agree with above

Proud member of uPOI, Undiscovered Point of Interest an OCX guild on NA.

Spider Queen blues.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

From what I recall about this boss, she only cocoons targets that are far away. So, if you’re staying ranged, you’re more likely to get hit with a cocoon. Instead, just fight in melee (or somewhere between melee and ranged), use your dodges and utility skills to avoid taking too much damage, and do your best to revive eachother if anyone gets downed.

Spider Queen blues.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ve seen cocoons hit pretty close to her. The person in the cocoon needs to madly spam 1 to work on breaking out while everyone else targets the cocoon to destroy it before the spider gets there to eat it. The further away the cocoon is from her, the better for this purpose, so I’d encourage lots of ranging.

I think what you’re seeing one-shot folks is not the cocoons but the exploding spores. If you get near one it will go boom a moment later, and even if you dodge away you’ve made a bomb to take out anyone else inside the aoe circle. So avoid those like crazy, and dodge out of the circle if you find yourself in one.

Spider Queen blues.

Joote.4081

I took all things into consideration then went back to face her once more, and we won.
No longer is that kitten a cause of nightmares, I have her head on a stick.

Spider Queen blues.

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

No you guys just never do it right. There are three things to know about this fight.

First. Never attack her if you are only 1-2 players. She will cocoon one of you instantly more or less and the fight is over before it even started. Wait until you are several people.

Second and most important. Get people out of the coocoons by attacking it. Not doing so will result in the person inside going down. If you get them out before the spider queen reached the cocoon and makes her attack on them, she will turn and walk away.

Third thing. Do not stand any were close to the blue flowers. If doing so you will get instantly downed and probably die. So blue flowers and red ring around it is a nono. Always move in this fight. There is no need to stand still. In GW2 most skills are possible to cast whilst moving.

If you do this the queen will go down fast. If ignoring the tactics thinking it does not matter, well yeah you will either fail or it will take like 10 min or more to kill it.

I mostly stop and check what kind of players are doing it, sometimes i actually tell them how to make it before i go in. But very few listen to what i say (even though i am polite), so it ends up with me leaving it. For some reason people have a hard time accepting information. They seem to believe they know better and end up dead and then they go back and do the same thing over and over. I never understood why

Spider Queen blues.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I took all things into consideration then went back to face her once more, and we won.
No longer is that kitten a cause of nightmares, I have her head on a stick.

Congratulations! If you find any other fights that seem unbeatable, please ask for tips. Frequently there’s a core mechanic that once you understand it you are fairly guaranteed to win. (Fire-smothering shadows in LS2, I’m looking at you).