Spirit Vale - cant see blue teleport circles

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Hobin Rude.1672

Hobin Rude.1672

Q:

Hello
I just had a loong session in Spirit Vale. And I died a lot because of getting teleported away from VG. Afterwards I discussed this with my team lead and we found out that I simply cannot see the blue AoE circles, and therefore never had a chance to prevent the teleport.
You find a good description & screenshot of the blue circles here: http://dulfy.net/2015/11/20/gw2-vale-guardian-raid-boss-guide/
We checked all my graphic settings but could not find anything wrong.
I have Combat/Movement “Disable Area of Effect Rings” unchecked, and Graphics Options “Effect LOD” checked. We also tried Fullscreen vs Windowed mode, without any difference.
What else can it be?
Please help, because this is very frustrating… and my legion was already getting angry that I was so learn-resistent^^
Regards,
Hobin Rude

Posted by: Agrotera.1254

Agrotera.1254

A:

I had the same problem. Sometimes I could see them and sometimes, when there is a lot of activity right there, I couldn’t. I found another way to tell when the blue is coming up.

If you look at the feet of the boss there is a circle with an arrow that is pointing the direction that he is facing. Watch that circle. It always rotates, which is easy to see because of the arrow, right before he pops the blue. When the arrow moves, circle rotates, dodge away and you should be good.

you can’t fix stupid

Hobin Rude.1672

No one an idea?
Seems like I need to go through Anet support :S

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Sounds like an excuse for poor gaming skills :s if you see other circles i don’t see why blue would be exception.

Hobin Rude.1672

I also love you
Why would I create a post here if I don’t want it solved^^
Anyway, will try it with support.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I would try posting in Technical Support to see if anyone there has a suggestion. Since you can see other AOE circles of different colors, it suggests that something is messed up with your game file or with your computer, in general. You could try running a repair of the client. https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/28148006-Repairing-the-Game-Client

Hobin Rude.1672

that sounds interesting. so before tp circles are coming he turns his direction. ok i will try.
ty very much….
and maybe I try another gfx card. this radeon makes more and more problems, espeacially at meta events :S

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

The teleport circles aren’t actually blue. They are red circles just like any other ground indicated attack. They just have a blue beam inside them. You might have just been looking for the wrong thing

But even when you look for the red circles and don’t bother with the blue beams (beams are very hard to see when other skill effects are in the same place) it can still be hard to see. I tend to stay a little off to the side and not stack right on top off the boss. That way there’s a bit of ground between the group and my character on which I am able to see the red circles