Starting crafter

Starting crafter

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Shahanshah.8517

Shahanshah.8517

My elementalist just recently reached level 10 and I want to craft light armor for it. I went to a tailor and became a novice tailor and I have no clue what I have to do next. I checked out a tailoring station, but this did not make me understand crafting any more. Which items are needed? And when I gather them, what’s next?

I’m not interested in preserving the status quo; I want to overthrow it.

(edited by Shahanshah.8517)

Starting crafter

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

To start you’ll need to gather jute scraps and rawhide leather sections – you can get those from loot bags and salvaging low-level light/medium armor you collect while exploring – or you can buy them, but then you might as well just buy your armor. once you get some of those, go back to the tailoring station and ‘refine’ them into bolts of jute and stretched rawhide leather squares. after that, you can start making components for your light armor. check out the wiki for jute recipes: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tailor/Jute_Recipes

PS. you’ll also need to buy spools of jute thread from the master tailor to make some of the components. plus, there are fine crafting materials like venom sacs, bones, totems etc. that you’ll need to collect or buy to make some of the insignias. if you need help feel free to add me and send me a whisper in game (Silen Tium)

(edited by rozcinana.7249)

Starting crafter

Posted by: Shahanshah.8517

Shahanshah.8517

Alright, I am looking at the wiki right now and starting to understand. I looked there before, but for some reason I couldn’t find the information that I need. Thank-you; I’ve added you.

I’m not interested in preserving the status quo; I want to overthrow it.