Starting out, servers full, any ideas?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: flashhelix.9047

flashhelix.9047

My friends bought the game in the sale Friday and recommended it to me, so I picked it up as well. They let me know that, due to the nature of the servers, it might take a while for me to get in, so that’s completely fine. Except fast-forward to now, where I’ve been CONSTANTLY checking the server list, for the past few days I’ve been checking it every 20-30 minute all day, but today I’ve decreased the intervals to 5-10 minutes with absolutely no luck. I expected a wait, but this is ridiculous. I’ve been checking it consistently since when I bought the game on friday and the server my friends are on (Tarnished Coast) has been full every single time I’ve checked. Am I doing something wrong? Has it really just been completely full at every hour of every day, or is there some restriction I’m not aware of? They’ve already gotten to the point where they don’t want to transfer to another server, so was this just a waste of money?

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

The only thing you cannot do with your friends from another NA server is WvW. If that is not the most important thing for you, just pick any server that has room. If playing WvW with your friends is a priority then you may be stuck waiting for an opening a long time.

If you decide to wait for a spot, you can still start playing a bit on another server. If you delete all your characters you can transfer for free later or for a fee with all your characters.

Posted by: Stangboy.7961

Stangboy.7961

I agree with what Garambola said. Just make a toon on another server and you can play with them, atleast until TC opens up (Which may take a long time).