Stop the Butter and Chocolate

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Merandor.6819

Merandor.6819

The only items I seem to be finding in bags are chocolate and butter, which have flooded the markets making them worthless.

I am happy for chefs who can grind much cheaper but what about the drops for other trading professions?

Posted by: fleeZy.5270

fleeZy.5270

are you sure they aren’t bags of butter and chocolate in bulk…

fleeZy – pewmesmerpew

Posted by: Finaldeath.1059

Finaldeath.1059

are you sure they aren’t bags of butter and chocolate in bulk…

No, they come from the little bags mobs drop now and seem to come out from them too often.

Posted by: Tase.3294

Tase.3294

I noticed this too, instead of getting Fine Crafting materials, I get a couple of bars of butter, or chocolate, not really worth much.

Posted by: Crusx.9164

Crusx.9164

After the new build last night, nearly every loot bag I find is filled to brim with Sticks of Butter and Chocolate Bars.

What are you trying to tell us, ArenaNet?

Posted by: amradio.2513

amradio.2513

lmaooo I just made a thread on this. Yeah the butter is crazy…there’s no way its supposed to be that high.

Posted by: trollager.7214

trollager.7214

they are trying to fatten us up so we are fat and sluggish so the ai can sink their sharp teeth into our moist tender flesh.

Posted by: Drevin.6534

Drevin.6534

Quote: · The following Cooking Materials are no longer sold for Karma and are now acquired through drops, gathering nodes, or loot bags: Butter, Chocolate, Vanilla, Chili Peppers, Thyme, Black Peppercorns, Cinnamon, Bay Leaves, Walnuts, and Oranges.

They probably overdid it and need to tone it down a bit now.

Posted by: Razorguyx.2084

Razorguyx.2084

Quote: · The following Cooking Materials are no longer sold for Karma and are now acquired through drops, gathering nodes, or loot bags: Butter, Chocolate, Vanilla, Chili Peppers, Thyme, Black Peppercorns, Cinnamon, Bay Leaves, Walnuts, and Oranges.

Over did it alot indeed.

Posted by: Error.6290

Error.6290

Guys you know u can trade IN game Food for real food. thats why the Butter and candy is dropping so much.

Posted by: FXLEACH.9436

FXLEACH.9436

Every one of my bags is all buttery and my mouth is all chocolatey please save me from this hellish fate Arenanaet!

glob glob glob

Sho musch chokalish!

Posted by: jwburks.9735

jwburks.9735

Why is it just butter and chocolate? I still have never seen a lemon, or a banana, or a vanilla bean. Now I’m supposed to open a Snicker’s factory or something? Oh, don’t forget the walnuts that come from chopping trees. I noticed that tonight.

We heard . . . we listened . . . we ignored.

Posted by: melyndru.1270

melyndru.1270

Why is it just butter and chocolate? I still have never seen a lemon, or a banana, or a vanilla bean. Now I’m supposed to open a Snicker’s factory or something? Oh, don’t forget the walnuts that come from chopping trees. I noticed that tonight.

I laughed at the snickers comment. Well done sir.

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

Over did it alot indeed.

Yeah, the drop rate seems to be way high. I’m guessing they’re doing that temporarily, to alleviate the sudden lack of availability for Chefs. The rate will get normalized shortly.

Posted by: xerca.6135

xerca.6135

I opened 25 loot bags and got 46 sticks of butter out of it. If I had gotten 46 cloth/leather or fine materials. I would have been so happy…

Posted by: Hexcaliber.5714

Hexcaliber.5714

I opened 25 loot bags and got 46 sticks of butter out of it. If I had gotten 46 cloth/leather or fine materials. I would have been so happy…

You think chefs are not happy with the current drops? Of course I am being a little flippant, but seriously, chefs require far more mats than other crafts, sure its excessive atm, and I am certain some of that butter is supposed to be other items used for cooking, or something else entirely.

Anet have been very quick at fixing drop rate issues, have a little patience, I am sure it will be sorted within a few days.

Posted by: Kraun.2961

Kraun.2961

I guess they missed a couple of decimals in the loot-tables to make them drop in abundance.

ps. im stuffed with butter and chocolate myself from grinding sorrows furnace.

Posted by: Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458

Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458

How about using your brains AreaNET and instead of making these essential ingredients drop from loot bags just adjust the Karma price. Instead you are creating an annoyance for all non cooks and most of the materials will be sold to vendors or for vendor price at the TP. This accomplished nothing.

Why the f#$%@ did you want to change it in the first place? Was it a problem or did you run out of things to fix, because i can come up with a few that are higher priority right now!

“The DR System is not restricting players, it just here to help them realize how they want to play!”

Posted by: Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

I’m also getting a lot now as well, but I don’t know if it’s because there are actually a lot, or because I’m aware I’m getting different items.

On the surface, it does seem like a lot though.

Posted by: DABhand.2079

DABhand.2079

Well, hello there guys!

Attachments:

Posted by: Voltar.8574

Voltar.8574

when life hands you chocolate and butter, make a chef.

if they raised the drop rate on rare trophies outside of the bags that would be fine with me. those things seemed a little stupidly rare initially and will be even less frequent now. i am so glad i spontaneously started leveling cooking a couple of days ago and bought a little too much stuff.

(edited by Voltar.8574)

Posted by: rakah.1053

rakah.1053

oh well, not much to spend my karma on now.

Posted by: Leviatana.8107

Leviatana.8107

Just raise the amount of karma it needed in bulk or put up some butter farms instead of putting it in bags where i hope to find cloth scraps and leather pieces. It’s tiring to see butter inside Moldy Bags of previous goodness.

Posted by: Allusir.5630

Allusir.5630

No, don’t just raise the karma cost.

I fully agree that there is a lot of butter, and that should be adjusted down. But currently cooks are the only ones who have to spend karma to craft things. It’s already a drain, and is going to make it so cooks wont be able to buy as many things with karma (like cultural weapons, and other cool but really expensive things).

I was really happy when they made it so I could get materials for cooking without just having to buy them all using both gold and karma. I can find them now like any other profession… well most of them. Some of them I still have to spend my money and karma on, which isn’t as big a deal anymore.

Yes, there should be less butter. No it should not go back to the way it was and be more expensive.

DABhand.2079

Make the +magic find items from cooking, get other mats and drops when eaten?

I think most of the +magic food is desert food so far, with that nomberry cake being the highest with 40%. But even a simple Strawberries and biscuits gives +10% which is kinda nice early on.

Posted by: HykCraft.4610

HykCraft.4610

If I want to make cookies with butter and chocolate, then who’s to stop me? Obviously, not you.

Sorrow’s Furnace US

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

to be honest… i haven’t been getting that much more butter then other things (now i mean butter/chocolate coming from bags not the total amounts of both).

I personally like the changes to the whole cooking matts, saves me money…

Now, if only the blue matts drop more often then they have been.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

DABhand.2079

If I want to make cookies with butter and chocolate, then who’s to stop me? Obviously, not you.

Your reply…. if for me, does not make sense.

Posted by: Lasarith.6193

Lasarith.6193

lol that’s all i was getting last night, Butter and Chocolate, think someone change the % in the patch.