Stopped playing for a Year; Need some help.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Cerulean Sky.7526

Cerulean Sky.7526

Heya!
I used to play all the time but due to life getting in the way haven’t been able to play for like a year. Can anyone please tell me what i need to do to catch up. I had a lvl 80 fully geared in ascended before expansion dropped.

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Have you bought the HoT expansion?

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

Catch up for what exactly? Aside from maybe working on masteries and getting your elite spec (both of which require that you have purchased heart of thorns), the only thing I can think of that you need to do is redoing your traits because that entire system has changed from a year ago. Your build will need tweaking (because of a years worth of skill and trait changes/updates). But other than that you should be able to hop back into playing whatever you liked playing before.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Like Bearsharman said you may want to redo your traits, but other than that there’s nothing that you need to catch up on.

This is one key difference between GW2 and many other MMOs, in spite of releasing an expansion and several updates since you stopped they have not increased the level cap or introduced any new tiers of equipment. (And this is exactly why, so players can stop and come back or simply play slowly, and still keep up.)

You can just jump straight into playing whatever you feel like playing.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”