Struggling To Enjoy The Game [Help]

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Dapper Shark.4958

Dapper Shark.4958

I have played about a week as a Revenant with a friend. They have been enjoying themselves immensely while I have been struggling. I enjoy the story and parts of the world however its just feels repetitive and quite frankly a grind, saying this however I do want to enjoy the game and be able to play with my friend who at this point there main is 68. I have tried my hand at crafting however I find that dull. Any advice or help towards enjoying the game would be appreciated

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

Games are a personal preference. You either enjoy them or you don’t. Play each aspect of the game and figure out which one you enjoy. If you wind up not enjoying any of them then you will need to find a new game to play.

Posted by: Dalsia.3907

Dalsia.3907

Yes, there are many things to enjoy in the game. But, my best advice to you is to join a guild. There are many guilds out there looking for new players to join. Just pick the one that you think is best.

Posted by: Dapper Shark.4958

Dapper Shark.4958

Games are a personal preference. You either enjoy them or you don’t. Play each aspect of the game and figure out which one you enjoy. If you wind up not enjoying any of them then you will need to find a new game to play.

What else am I supposed to try I have had a go at crafting exploring even tried playing with a guild of which i came to the conclusion I am not suited to guilding

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

What else am I supposed to try I have had a go at crafting exploring even tried playing with a guild of which i came to the conclusion I am not suited to guilding

Some of these options wont be possible or practical until you hit 80 but there are other things to do in game such as:

1. Dungeons
2. PvP
3. WvW
4. Guild missions
5. Map exploration and completion
6. Jumping puzzles
7. Make new characters and try different classes
8. Personal Story
9. Heart Quests
10. World Bosses
11. Map event trains
12. Fractals
13. Raids
14. Achievements

For the last one on the list: go to the Achievements section of the Hero panel and you will find lots of ideas of what you might do. My personal favorites are in the explorer section. The explorer achievements will take you all around the map, some go to hidden locations with (relatively) challenging content.

What was it about the guild that you did not like? Regardless though, you can always try other guilds until you find one that suits your needs whatever that might be.

(edited by Silvatar.5379)